OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Games

PrBoom+

(1/7) > >>

Jochen Schäfer:
Hi guys.

I have ported PrBoom+, which is a source port of DOOM, running on SDL2.
I have put a prereleases package on my Github repo here: https://github.com/josch1710/prboom-plus/releases/tag/v2.6um-alpha1
In the archive, you find the two binaries for the game and the multiplayer server, as well as prboom.wad and the shareware version of Doom.
If you have the original DOOM games, you can put the WADs in the program directory or under /@unixroot/usr/(local/)share/(games/)doom.
If you want the midi to play, you need to download the timidity patches from here: https://www.libsdl.org/projects/SDL_mixer/timidity/timidity.tar.gz and install them in /@unixroot/usr/(local/)share/timidity.

My plan is to submit all my bugfixes for SDL/2 and patches for PrBoom+ in the next days.
After that I want to package everything for easier installation.

Enjoy!

Martin Iturbide:
Awesome !!!

I will be checking it out and posting the news at OS2World !!!

Regards

Ibrahim Hakeem:
Very nice! I do have to ask though, does anyone know if it is possible to use Kmidi and Timidity in tandem? I feel each of them have their separate advantages.

David McKenna:
 Thanks Jochen! It seems to work great here (once I realized you have to start the server first). And KMidi and Timidity work fine together... KMidi will be the default, but if you right-click on a *.mid file, and choose 'Open as..', then you should have Timidity++Player as a choice in the drop-down list.

Regards,

Jochen Schäfer:

--- Quote from: David McKenna on June 05, 2021, 09:14:28 pm --- Thanks Jochen! It seems to work great here (once I realized you have to start the server first). And KMidi and Timidity work fine together... KMidi will be the default, but if you right-click on a *.mid file, and choose 'Open as..', then you should have Timidity++Player as a choice in the drop-down list.

Regards,

--- End quote ---
Actually, you only need to start prboom-plus.exe to play a single player game. The server should only be needed, when playing a multiplayer game. What problem are you having when starting without the server?

Regarding Timidity: SDL-Mixer is used for sound generation, which uses Timidity code for MIDI playback. So the Timidity application is not used.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version