Author Topic: PrBoom+  (Read 22619 times)

Jochen Schäfer

• View Profile
Re: PrBoom+
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2021, 10:16:30 pm »
So, I narrowed it down to SDL not implementing relative mouse movement. This means SDL goes into an emulation of relative mouse movement. But then, the WM_MOUSEMOVE window message is always reporting the same coordinates and so, no movement is reported.
I'm not understanding, why that does happen. If somebody has some suggestions, they would be welcome.

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2022, 06:09:32 pm »
Hi

Just one little thing with "prboom-plus-2.6um-alpha1.zip". Today I reinstall it on a machine, I did "yum install  flac  fluidsynth SDL2_image" to install the required DLL's.

I wanted to check again the MIDI stuff, I installed TIMIDITY from Alex Taylor, but it was still not working.

So I checked over the web and got "http://www.libsdl.org/projects/SDL_mixer/timidity/timidity.tar.gz", unzipped all the files in /etc/timidity and MIDI music started to work. I'm not sure if Alex Taylor Timidity was needed there, I guess FluidSynth is doing the MIDI work.

Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2022, 06:27:12 pm »
So, I narrowed it down to SDL not implementing relative mouse movement. This means SDL goes into an emulation of relative mouse movement. But then, the WM_MOUSEMOVE window message is always reporting the same coordinates and so, no movement is reported.
I'm not understanding, why that does happen. If somebody has some suggestions, they would be welcome.

That is the only thing missing to make it the perfect Doom running on ArcaOS, but it awesome anyways to play it with the keyboard.

Video resolution is here working at full screen, 1366x768 and 36bit video mode. The best Doom for OS/2.

Thanks for this port.
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.

Jochen Schäfer

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2022, 06:55:21 pm »
Hi

Just one little thing with "prboom-plus-2.6um-alpha1.zip". Today I reinstall it on a machine, I did "yum install  flac  fluidsynth SDL2_image" to install the required DLL's.

I wanted to check again the MIDI stuff, I installed TIMIDITY from Alex Taylor, but it was still not working.

So I checked over the web and got "http://www.libsdl.org/projects/SDL_mixer/timidity/timidity.tar.gz", unzipped all the files in /etc/timidity and MIDI music started to work. I'm not sure if Alex Taylor Timidity was needed there, I guess FluidSynth is doing the MIDI work.

Regards
I couldn't get it to work either and didn't try further.

Jochen Schäfer

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2022, 06:56:37 pm »

That is the only thing missing to make it the perfect Doom running on ArcaOS, but it awesome anyways to play it with the keyboard.

Video resolution is here working at full screen, 1366x768 and 36bit video mode. The best Doom for OS/2.

Thanks for this port.
It's a problem with SDL2-os2. I hunted it down, but I have no solution at the moment.

Jochen Schäfer

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2023, 10:06:03 am »
This https://share.icloud.com/photos/0b7c7rSdylbdGRgIbMJAGde_g shows a teaser of the launcher, I’m working on.

Alfredo Fernández Díaz

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2023, 01:30:31 pm »
Hi,

IIRC, in the original DOS DOOM there was no mouse support.
The original DOOM had excellent mouse support. It didn't work under Windows (95?) so many people thought there was none, but it always worked, and still works fine to this day under OS/2.

Anyway, I hope I will be able to have a go at this PrBoom+ thing soon <g>