OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Applications

patched PmMerge

<< < (8/8)

Andreas Schnellbacher:
The clipped text is caused by using 9.WarpSans as the font for dialogs. The ini key for this is PM_SystemFonts -> DefaultFont. The default value is 10.System Proportional. If you add the key and change it to another font, dialog texts don't fit in their controls. As I wrote before, Holger's patch fixes this for fonts like 9.WarpSans. As Alex wrote, it dosn't work well with DBCS fonts.

So no wonder that you see the same text clipping with the OS/4 version as with the IBM version.

Interesting that Holger's other patch makes it pass Igor's teststart2.

OS4User:

--- Quote from: Gregg Young on July 01, 2021, 11:57:37 pm ---I tried your patched. It failed the teststart2 test with an out of resources message. The pmerge with the stack overflow patch mention by David ran this test to completion. The pmmerge 6111 also clips the dialogs in eFTEPM (see attached).

--- End quote ---

could you try the same on not patched IBM pmmerge ?

andreas:

--- Quote from: OS4User on July 02, 2021, 08:00:09 am ---
--- Quote from: Gregg Young on July 01, 2021, 11:57:37 pm ---I tried your patched. It failed the teststart2 test with an out of resources message. The pmerge with the stack overflow patch mention by David ran this test to completion. The pmmerge 6111 also clips the dialogs in eFTEPM (see attached).

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

tried. have the same problem with the old pmmerge. so may problem is not related to the new version. sorry for my wrong assumption.

OS4User:

--- Quote from: andreas on July 02, 2021, 04:40:17 pm ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

tried. have the same problem with the old pmmerge. so may problem is not related to the new version. sorry for my wrong assumption.

--- End quote ---

It is ok :) .  Tnx for testing.

andreas:

--- Quote from: OS4User on July 02, 2021, 09:01:45 pm ---
--- Quote from: andreas on July 02, 2021, 04:40:17 pm ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

It is ok :) .  Tnx for testing.

--- End quote ---

not only testing, using your version now. thanks for programming!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version