OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Setup & Installation

A question of fonts

(1/2) > >>

roberto:
1- if I select the font MARKSYM it does not show me anything, I came to think that I had damaged inis, but I installed a new system and it did not show anything either. It's correct like this?

2 - how can I install a ttf font. I have tried drag and drop and it tells me that it is installed. But I'm not sure if I got it right. In the name it gives me the character of the Greek letter pi.
13/06/21 16:23         62.628    355 a---  MarketSans-SemiBold-WebS.ttf
This is the font that I downloaded from the internet, and what I understand is not for os2 or is it?

saludos

David Graser:
Have you tried this utility?

https://hobbes.nmsu.edu/download/pub/os2/util/font/instfont10.zip

INSTFONT is a simple command-line tool for installing a font under OS/2 Presentation Manager. Installing a font simply by updating OS2.INI requires a reboot in order to take effect; using INSTFONT allows for immediate installation of a new font without rebooting. Designed for use in scripts and installable font packages.

roberto:

--- Quote from: David Graser on June 13, 2021, 09:04:23 pm ---Have you tried this utility?

--- End quote ---
No thaks. but...

--- Quote --- using INSTFONT allows for immediate installation of a new font without rebooting. Designed for use in scripts and installable font packages.

--- End quote ---
First deinstall the old font, and then use this program to install it again with the folder in c: \ psfonts
The end result was the same as with drag and drop.
Something is wrong, the open office won't let me select the font, it doesn't appear in the list of fonts.

Saludos

David Graser:

--- Quote from: roberto on June 13, 2021, 08:53:11 pm ---1- if I select the font MARKSYM it does not show me anything, I came to think that I had damaged inis, but I installed a new system and it did not show anything either. It's correct like this?

2 - how can I install a ttf font. I have tried drag and drop and it tells me that it is installed. But I'm not sure if I got it right. In the name it gives me the character of the Greek letter pi.
13/06/21 16:23         62.628    355 a---  MarketSans-SemiBold-WebS.ttf
This is the font that I downloaded from the internet, and what I understand is not for os2 or is it?

saludos

--- End quote ---

Where did you download it from?

Dave Yeo:
marksym doesn't display here either, doesn't show up in SeaMonkey as well. Seems it is a PS-AdobeFont

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version