Author Topic: Test build wpa_supplicant v2.7 - v2.10-devel  (Read 9563 times)

Andi B.

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 28
    • View Profile
Re: Test build wpa_supplicant v2.7
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2020, 07:35:28 pm »
If updated wpa_supplicant to the current code base in the official repository. This is not a release version but the current development state for the next official 2.10 build (v2.10-devel). I've tested this version with the latest XWLAN and also with the included QT gui frontend.

https://bitbucket.org/Andi_B/os-2-wpa_supplicant/downloads/

Please don't share direct links to the full filename but to the directory above.

Holger Schuett

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Test build wpa_supplicant v2.7 - v2.10-devel
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2020, 08:40:18 am »
Hi Andi,
tested here starting the supplicant by .conf file (which is the usual way for me to do). Works well without any apparent problems. The wpa_gui works too. I will test using xwlan too and post the results here.

Thank you for all your efforts

Holger

Holger Schuett

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2020, 10:24:55 am »
Hi Andi,

works well with xwlan (widget) too, the connection seems to be more stable than before.

Holger

Andi B.

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2020, 12:51:51 pm »
Thanks for testing and reporting. I don't see any problem here too with the new build. But I didn't test all the improvements and extensions which are made upstreams. This build does have a few more compile options enabled. But I guess these are only relevant for people who have newer drivers with more features then we do.

Doug Bissett

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2020, 05:08:34 pm »
I gave it a quick try, last night (too late to report). The Supplicant seems to work well. XWLAN still gives me trouble, but it is usable.

Andi B.

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2020, 07:38:08 pm »
Once again I updated to the latest sources from the official git repository. It's still a development version.
Code: [Select]
wpa_supplicant v2.10-devel (OS/2, Dec 20 2020 18:50:55, AB)No clue when Jouni wants to make the official 2.10 version.

Be aware these build needs latest openssl and libc libraries from bww/netlabs rpm. Some workarounds in older version could be cleaned up this way.

It works on one of my machines. But as I don't use wireless very much these days it has only limited testing here.

If you like to test it get it from the usual place - https://bitbucket.org/Andi_B/os-2-wpa_supplicant/downloads/. Again, don't post direct links to files inside this directory.

There were a lot of changes made in a lot of files. Honestly I've no clue if we can use all these new features or if they are only available with more advanced driver interfaces than ours. The genmac interface and the l2_packet handling may limit some functionality on our platform. But I tried to compile with standard .config as much as possible.

As usual you can replace the supplicant coming with xwlan with this version. Or you can play with wpa_gui.exe and wpa_supplicant.conf.

Andi B.

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2021, 11:56:13 am »
Updated again to current development sources (July 2021). https://bitbucket.org/Andi_B/os-2-wpa_supplicant/downloads/.

Unfortunately bitbucket has changed and no more can be used with our Seamonkey :-(. Had to install simplebrowser for uploading.