OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Applications

FeatherPad for OS/2

(1/8) > >>

Jochen Schäfer:
I'm proud to annouce a full featured release of FeatherPad 0.18.0 for OS/2. I started to scratch an itch.
Head over here: https://github.com/josch1710/FeatherPad/releases/tag/v0.18.0-os2. There are two binary packages: One is just a zip of the needed files, one is an RPM. For the plain ZIP, you need to install Qt5 and Hunspell. The RPM should pull in the required packages.

Description:
FeatherPad (by Pedram Pourang, a.k.a. Tsu Jan tsujan2000@gmail.com) is a lightweight Qt plain-text editor for Linux. It is independent of any desktop environment and has:

* Drag-and-drop support, including tab detachment and attachment;
* X11 virtual desktop awareness (using tabs on current desktop but opening a new window on another);
* An optionally permanent search-bar with a different search entry for each tab;
* Instant highlighting of found matches when searching;
* A docked window for text replacement;
* Support for showing line numbers and jumping to a specific line;
* Optional selection highlighting;
* Automatic detection of text encoding as far as possible and optional saving with encoding;
* Syntax highlighting for common programming languages;
* Ability to open URLs with appropriate applications;
* Session management;
* Side-pane mode;
* Auto-saving;
* Spell checking with Hunspell;
* Printing;
* Text zooming;
* Appropriate but non-interrupting prompts;
* Haiku OS support (by khallebal at GitHub);
* macOS support (by Pavel Shlyak); and
* Other features that can be found in its settings, on its menus or when it is actually used.
Have fun.

Martin Iturbide:
Thank you Jochen.

I just installed it (rpm version) and seems to be working fine. I will be trying it further, since it is the first time I'm using it. It looks very good.

Just one thing, the "Help -> About" says it is version 0.19.0.

Regards

Jochen Schäfer:
Martin, you are right. I ported HEAD, but the last release was 0.18.0. I change the release number for the next release.
I still have something to investigate, which doesn't seem to work.

Jochen Schäfer:
Little tip for executing script from FeatherPad: Go to Settings -> Files and there activate "Run executable scripts" and enter the location of your favorite shell, eg. /@unixroot/usr/bin/dash.exe. After that, when you execute a supported script type like python with a shebang, you can run the script by pressing ctrl+e.

I looked up on the other repositories of the FeatherPad author. He also has FeatherNote (notes editor) and Arqiver (archive manager).
Anyone interested in a port of these two applications?

Martin Iturbide:

--- Quote from: Jochen Schäfer on June 28, 2021, 10:15:40 am ---I looked up on the other repositories of the FeatherPad author. He also has FeatherNote (notes editor) and Arqiver (archive manager).
Anyone interested in a port of these two applications?

--- End quote ---
Hi
I saw the screenshots of both and look interesting. I want to test "Arqiver".
Regards

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version