OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Applications

Apache OpenOffice no longer starts

(1/5) > >>

Greg Pringle:
I had Apache OpenFoffice AOO-4160-GA running. I removed it and loaded AOO-4170-GA. Now it will not start. I deleted the directories and even re-installed the C: partition (boot) and AOO-4170-GA will not start. Then I went and re-installed again and loaded AOO-4160-GA which also will not start. It gets to the "1.Welocme"  which is the new install setup, and when "Next" is pressed the application vanishes without any errors.
Are there any suggestions?

Ian Manners:
Hi Greg,

There are some DLL's that you need to upgrade but I cant remember which ones now but you should find the list in the readme file.

Greg Pringle:
Thanks for the note. I used the yum list in the readme and updated all but that does not fix the problem.

David Graser:
Greg

Run the quick install in YUM with the following script.

yum install libc libgcc1 libgcc-fwd openssl curl libjpeg libxslt libicu zlib libxml2 mmap pthread urpo libstdc++6 libstdc++ uclip

This will at least tell us that you have all the required dlls and nothing got accidentally deleted.  As to whether they are the latest, that would have to be determined.

Remy:

--- Quote from: Greg Pringle on July 15, 2021, 08:06:05 pm ---Thanks for the note. I used the yum list in the readme and updated all but that does not fix the problem.

--- End quote ---

Did you install DLL's under local user lib ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version