OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Games

DOS VDM - USB and Game port Gamepad support

<< < (47/77) > >>

Mark Szkolnicki:
Hi Wim!

Just installed your new gamepad driver set (gamepad-20220511) and have ran into a problem in DOSBOX in Wolfenstein.

Start-up is fine and runs through the start-up screens (3) as per normal, but then the game immediately shows the messages for ending or continuing the program, where the response Y or N is required. Typing N simply goes to an alternate version of the same shutdown challenge. Typing Y ends the program.

I installed all the files from this gamepad set and rebooted before testing - also got a black screen trap starting up Wolfenstein once each but will have to run it again as I didn't note the message before rebooting. This happens both with xevents.cmd and the Mk. 2 Thrustmaster, and with the T.Flight and xeventsf1c.

TMScope works fine and the joystick travel is vastly improved and balanced to the east and south. Haven't done any other testing at the moment - my evening exercise time awaits .........

Best!

M

Mark Szkolnicki:
Hi Wim!

Final message for today here.

After my exercise ride this evening, undertook a complete mission in Star Wars Dark Forces - the developers decided that there would be no save files in between so was busy for about 1.5 hours, completing the mission.

I changed the joystick type to fcs, prior to starting - all it added for either joystick is one button which added a "crouch" function to its mapping, so three buttons enabled as opposed to two.

I used the older Thrustmaster for the mission and it worked perfectly - no Loss of Focus, buttons that did work, worked fine, joystick control was as expected. I had calibrated using the newer stick and experienced no need to recalibrate.

So currently, from my end the two issues using the latest gamepad package are:

1) The rather strange issue related to Wolfenstein trying to exit once the program, has started as per my previous message, and

2) Hat functions on the Thrustmaster joysticks still not being recognized under DOSBOX

Otherwise things seem to be ticking along - you didn't mention why you needed vcompat.sys, otherwise I would test that too (I know I have used it in the past - but can't remember why, under eCS / OS2)

Hope your day is going well - the end of mine this evening and Best!

Mark Szkolnicki:
Hi Wim!

I noted one other thing with the new driver package (gamepad-20220511) this morning

Running TMScope under a DOS VM, Hat functions for the T.Flight would only point north or east when changing the hat position when I first brought it up (south or west hat positions would report as east). Hitting the Recal TMS button, I could then get north east or south, but west output would not be shown on the display. This was with xeventsf1c.

Running the last xevents and the older Mk2 Thrustmaster, hat positions were all registering correctly with the new drivers package, so there may be something different between the two packages related to the hat registration.

Its such fine weather here at the moment that I may be out for most of the weekend as there is yard work to be done after our winter, but will try to see if I can setup Mechwarrior 2 using your drivers under DOSBOX, and try running a training mission or 2.

Best of the weekend to you Sir!

M

Wim Brul:
Hi Mark,

Congratulations with your upcoming birthday. I celebrated mine last Saturday with my family. Clicking my picture reveals my new age.

--- Quote ---Just installed your new gamepad driver set (gamepad-20220511) and have ran into a problem in DOSBOX in Wolfenstein.

Start-up is fine and runs through the start-up screens (3) as per normal, but then the game immediately shows the messages for ending or continuing the program, where the response Y or N is required. Typing N simply goes to an alternate version of the same shutdown challenge. Typing Y ends the program.

--- End quote ---
When I implemented the missing functions I made a mistake. This resulted into all 4 buttons being signalled as being pressed on startup. Fixed now.

--- Quote ---Hat functions on the Thrustmaster joysticks still not being recognized under DOSBOX

--- End quote ---
Perhaps I made another mistake. I did some experimenting and failed to change some values back the way these were before. Try the attached version.

Like before you need to copy *.sym and *.sys files to \OS2\MDOS and copy TRC00E8.TFF to \OS2\SYSTEM\TRACE and then reboot your system.

Happy birthday,

Wim.

Martin Iturbide:

--- Quote ---gamepad-20220517.zip

--- End quote ---

Hi Wim.

I confirm the drivers keep working in my system.
- ArcaOS 5.0.6 with PCSIGP
- Wolfenstein - VDM
- Wolfenstein - DOSBox 2021/01/24
- Makman - OS/2

Regards

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version