OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Applications

FAT Diskette with truncated long file name file

<< < (3/3)

Martin Iturbide:

--- Quote from: Valery Sedletski on November 03, 2021, 02:19:32 am ---Why not use fat32.ifs? It has full support of VFAT LFN's. And it supports all of these FAT variants: FAT12/FAT16/FAT32/exFAT.

PS: if there are some problems when using the IFS, please report me to Netlabs trac (http://trac.netlabs.org/fat32/), not
to ArcaNoae bugtracker, as I'm not working for Arca.

--- End quote ---

Hi Valerius. I didn't know AN stripped the LFN support from the driver.

I had installed FAT32 0.10 r384 (wpi) over ArcaOS 5.0.6. I rebooted and it worked, it shows me the long file names on the WPS desktop and on the CMD.

But a new problem appear. I insert one diskette and see everything fine, I switch to a different diskettes and it shows me the same files. It is not refreshing the diskette convent even that the floppy drive makes all the sounds of reading the different diskette. That happens on the WPS and CMD too.

I'm not sure if it is a problem of FAT32 0.10 r384 or the system. It didn't happened after installing FAT32 0.10 r384

Regards

Valery Sedletski:
Hi Martin! AN didn't stripped LFN support from the IFS. They stripped exFAT and FAT12/FAT16 support. FAT32 depends on LFN
support, so it's not logical to disable them.

And, you, probably, need to eject the previous diskette before inserting another one. So, if you don't eject it, it will be cached.

use "eject a:" command

PS: Also note that with diskettes, performance may be very low, because of lack of caching. With flash disks and HDD's it's acceptable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version