OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Applications

XWP v1.0.14

(1/4) > >>

Rich Walsh:
A new version of XWorkplace is now available in 7 languages in both Full and Lite editions. This is a maintenance release with updates and bug-fixes that have accumulated over the last year.

Due to an upload error, only the Lite versions are currently on hobbes. Once this is fixed, all versions will be found there. Until then, All versions can now be downloaded from hobbes or from the URLs below:

XWP Full:  de   en   es   it   ja   nl   ru

XWP Lite:  de   en   es   it   ja   nl   ru

Updates

* XShutdown

* Power-off options have been simplified. The ACPI/APM shutdown option has been removed since the system always uses ACPI if it is available.

* The shutdown sound which failed to play in Lite versions has now been restored.

* The XShutdown dialog has been updated to suppress the list of BIOS-bootable partitions when booted in UEFI mode. It should also do a better job of handling situations where the data it collects from AirBoot is corrupt.

* Folder Refresh
This feature has been completely rewritten to ensure that every filesystem update is reflected in the display within 1.5 seconds. The rewrite also fixes a bug where the code might try to delete a file that had been deleted then recreated.

* Russian NLS
Initial Russian language support has been provided by Yurii Zamotailo.

* XPager
You can now enable Windows keys to switch Desktops without having to enable arrow keys as well.

* Menus
Separators between menu items might be missing or doubled at times. Many of these inconsistencies have been fixed.

Dariusz Piatkowski:
Thanks Rich for doing this!

I'm curious: any plans to enable the Xview to show DRIVE object SHADOWs in the left-hand-side TREE view pane? (I'm guessing this may be called the ICON view?)

I'm asking b/c no no such objects have every shown up in any of my Xview folders, although they do show up as an actual OBJECT in the Details pane, which is a bit counter-intuitive, since the whole point of having a drive shadow is to treat it as a traverseable hierarchy, therefore ideally suited for the left-hand-side view pane.

Let me know if I need to capture a couple of screenshots to illustrate?

Thanks as always!

Andreas Schnellbacher:
Dariusz, I would report bugs to the bug tracker.

Since Ulrich's page is not available anymore, the trac page seems to be the recommended one.

Wendy Krieger:
I tried downloading this from ArcaOS site, but they had a dead link or something.

Martin Iturbide:

--- Quote from: Wendy Krieger on November 02, 2021, 02:05:21 pm ---I tried downloading this from ArcaOS site, but they had a dead link or something.

--- End quote ---
Hi Wendy

I also confirm that the "xwp-1-0-14-0-an-xx.exe" files links on the ArcaNoae site does not work.

Regards

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version