Author Topic: ArccaOS 5.0.6 does not see hard disk; FAT32 problems  (Read 3379 times)

Martin Vieregg

• View Profile
ArccaOS 5.0.6 does not see hard disk; FAT32 problems
« on: November 06, 2021, 04:58:52 pm »
(1) I have got two HDs installed, a SSD with the operating systems and a bigger HDD for backups, videos, music and so on. I have got both 5.0.2 and 5.0.6 installed. 5.0.6 does not see the HDD, 5.0.2 and Windows sees it. Any ideas?

(2) I thaught that the ArcaOS FAT32 driver is the more stable one, compared to the Netlabs version. But now I tried to copy 500 MB of data to the FAT32 drive (internal SSD) with the original ArcaOS FAT32 driver. Copy runs without problems. But after restarting, both Windows and ArcaOS does not see the new files anymore. chkdsk /D on Windows has no effect. (This had always an effect with Netlabs driver). Any ideas?

Gregg Young

• View Profile
Re: ArccaOS 5.0.6 does not see hard disk; FAT32 problems
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2021, 06:03:19 pm »
(2) I thaught that the ArcaOS FAT32 driver is the more stable one, compared to the Netlabs version. But now I tried to copy 500 MB of data to the FAT32 drive (internal SSD) with the original ArcaOS FAT32 driver. Copy runs without problems. But after restarting, both Windows and ArcaOS does not see the new files anymore. chkdsk /D on Windows has no effect. (This had always an effect with Netlabs driver). Any ideas?

Are you running FAT32 without the cache? If so turning it on should fix the problem. This has been fixed and should be available from AN in the near future. If this isn't the problem put in a ticket with AN.

Pete

• View Profile
Re: ArccaOS 5.0.6 does not see hard disk; FAT32 problems
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2021, 12:23:27 am »
Hi Martin

(1) I have got two HDs installed, a SSD with the operating systems and a bigger HDD for backups, videos, music and so on. I have got both 5.0.2 and 5.0.6 installed. 5.0.6 does not see the HDD, 5.0.2 and Windows sees it. Any ideas?

When booted from 5.0.6 what does LVM show about the HDD?

May be worth checking the 5.0.6 config.sys against the (working) 5.0.2 config.sys to see if 5.0.6 is loading the correct driver(s) and any necessary parameters are present.

Regards

Pete