OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Applications

FeatherNotes for OS/2

(1/11) > >>

Jochen Schäfer:
I'm happy to annouce a full featured release of FeatherNotes 0.10.0 for OS/2.
Head over here: https://github.com/josch1710/FeatherNotes/releases/tag/v0.10.0-os2. There are two binary packages: One is just a zip of the needed files, one is an RPM. For the plain ZIP, you need to install Qt5 and Hunspell. The RPM should pull in the required packages.

Description:
FeatherNotes (by Pedram Pourang, a.k.a. Tsu Jan tsujan2000@gmail.com)  is a lightweight Qt hierarchical notes-manager for Linux. It is independent of any desktop environment and has:

* Support for rich text formatting, image embedding and inserting editable tables;
* Drag-and-drop capability for moving nodes and also for embedding images;
* A tray icon for quick access on any desktop;
* Correct position/size saving and restoring with most window managers;
* Compact but complete search and replacement widgets;
* The ability to include searchable tags (hidden info on each node);
* Support for optional node icons;
* Support for local and remote hyperlinks (bookmarks);
* Text zooming;
* Printing and exporting to HTML and PDF;
* Password protection;
* Auto-saving;
* Optional spell checking with Hunspell (if enabled at compilation time);

Have fun.

Jochen Schäfer:
I have updated FeatherNotes to version 0.10.1. You can find the packages here: https://github.com/josch1710/FeatherNotes/releases/tag/v0.10.1-os2.

David Graser:

--- Quote from: Jochen Schäfer on March 17, 2022, 09:05:30 am ---I have updated FeatherNotes to version 0.10.1. You can find the packages here: https://github.com/josch1710/FeatherNotes/releases/tag/v0.10.1-os2.

--- End quote ---

Hi Jochen

I tried installing the FeatherNotes RPM package and I get the message below.

I installed the zip package and created a program icon.  When I execute it nothing happens.

As for Featherpad, when I close the program, it appears to close. However, the icon still shows active although the program is closed.  The taskbar does not show it.  When I go into TOP, it shows still active and I have to kill it.

This is with ArcoOS 5.07 with all the latest updates.

Jochen Schäfer:

--- Quote from: David Graser on March 21, 2022, 03:16:58 am ---
Hi Jochen

I tried installing the FeatherNotes RPM package and I get the message below.

I installed the zip package and created a program icon.  When I execute it nothing happens.

--- End quote ---
The ZIP package is not a RPM package. It's just a zipped version of the unixroot layout. It's included for people not using RPM.
If you use RPM, you should download the rpm package and install it via RPM or the Arcanoae GUI.

--- Quote from: David Graser on March 21, 2022, 03:16:58 am ---As for Featherpad, when I close the program, it appears to close. However, the icon still shows active although the program is closed.  The taskbar does not show it.  When I go into TOP, it shows still active and I have to kill it.

This is with ArcoOS 5.07 with all the latest updates.

--- End quote ---
Yes, this is correct behaviour: The first instance spins up a server. If you start another instance with one or more filenames, it contacts the server and the server instance opens the file(s). If you want to open FeatherPad as e.g. EPM, use the command line option "-s", which starts Featherpad standalone with as many processes you want and each process ends when it's window is closed.

Martin Iturbide:
Hi Jochen

I have a problem with FeatherNotes and I'm not sure if it something on my system or in the application. The window of the application shows on the top and I can not move it on the desktop. I also do not have the windows bar showing on the top.

Regards

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version