Author Topic: Usermeeting Cologne 2021 brief summary and 2022 already scheduled!  (Read 5483 times)

Sigurd Fastenrath

• OS/2 Versus Hardware - Maximum Warp!
    • View Profile
Here is a brief summary of what has happened during the last weekend where we had the 8th OS/2 User meeting in Cologne. Infact we - Thomas Müller and me - have been due to the raising Covid Numbers a bit afraid as if there will be audience at all.

The event took place as every year before at the Youth hostel Jugendherberge Köln Riehl, in Cologne on Saturday, the 6th of November.

It is an anual event since 2013, but because of COVID we had to cancel it last year.

We followed all requirements of Covid restrictions and prepared everything else the same way as every year.

We usually begin at 10 am in the morning, at 9 30 we have only been 3 visitors, but at 10 we have been 6 (usually between 15 and 20) and - believe it or not - it was an almost perfect day!

Each visitor agrees to make a Presentation, so we had a very interesting program!

- OS/2 and VM Ware Virtualisation
- an Introduction in Programming OS/2 Programs with QT
- OS/2 as a Host with Virtualbox 5.0.6
- Creating Program Interfaces with TCL/TK
- OS/2 and Paralles Virtualisation on MACOS
- Tipps and Trick for Networking

So there was a feeling as if there had been 20 people around, time passed and the day was full of information and discussion! We closed at 18 o clock in the evening (!).

In the end as every year we went to the Bavarian Brauhaus nearby and had a tremendous meal.

Before the event happend we thougt if or if not this may be the last OS/2 Usermeeting in Colonge.

But:Motivated by this unexpected succesfull and nice day Thomas and me already fixed the date of the next event, at the same Location on Saturday, the 5th of November 2022!

Hope you have some fun viewing the pictures, every visitor gave me the permission to publish the pictures.

All the Best,

Sigurd

« Last Edit: November 08, 2021, 03:49:53 pm by Sigurd Fastenrath »

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
Re: Usermeeting Cologne 2021 brief summary and 2022 already scheduled!
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2021, 08:48:38 pm »
Thank you Sigurd and Thomas Müller for doing this event and sharing this post with us.

Regafrds
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.

Neil Waldhauer

• View Profile
    • Blonde Guy
Re: Usermeeting Cologne 2021 brief summary and 2022 already scheduled!
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2021, 03:41:40 pm »
Thanks for sharing photos of the meeting. I think it was good of you to run a user group meeting in person, even with COVID rules and such.

I'm involved with both a local user group and the Warpstock meeting, and I know demand for an in-person OS/2 meeting is limited, but I like to think we will still do some in the future.

I live in an agricultural part of California, so the picture of German food made me laugh a little bit. :)
Expert consulting for ArcaOS, OS/2 and eComStation
http://www.blondeguy.com