Author Topic: OS/2 Keyboard Layout  (Read 5085 times)

Wendy Krieger

• View Profile
OS/2 Keyboard Layout
« on: November 12, 2021, 09:42:11 am »
I wonder if there is any kind of OS/2 keyboard layout editor.  I want to put a few extra letters on my keyboard, like þ, ñ, ß, etc.

I saw something that was on hobbes i think, that might do it, but i'm still waiting in eCom to come up with the necessary key.,

ivan

• View Profile
Re: OS/2 Keyboard Layout
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2021, 10:59:57 am »
You could try WIN95KEY from hobbes.  Be aware you have to be able to read the keycode.

Dariusz Piatkowski

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2021, 03:48:28 pm »
I've been using WIN95KEY here for years now, primarily to map the Win keys to convenient OS/2 functions, so I cannot comment re: additional key mapping. However, as ivan noted, I think this should be possible.

Alfredo Fernández Díaz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2023, 06:33:44 pm »
For completeness' sake, there is Keyboard Redefiner 2. This little Warp 3 -era program redefines the standard 101/102 keyboard to a customizable layout in every subsequent session except WIN-OS/2 sessions. It is ideal to play around with modifying keyboard layouts.

With so many filenames changed in Hobbes, it was a little harder to find than it used to be, but it's still there:
https://hobbes.nmsu.edu/?search=redef&stype=any&sort=type_name&dir=%2F

If this is topic is still of interest, however, and real extended or otherwise fixed keyboard layouts are needed, I can produce and compile them for VIO sessions (OS/2 or DOS), PM, or both. Just send me a private message.