OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Games

Anyone running The Battle for Wesnoth?

<< < (3/3)

Mark Szkolnicki:

--- Quote from: Hajo on November 19, 2021, 05:05:12 pm ---I copied libc063.dll, which I found in the OS2Additions of Virtualbox, and the sdl*.dll files of this archive

h??p://www.os2site.com/sw/dev/sdl/sdl-1.2.10-bin-20080804.zip

into the bin directory of wesnoth and it started without error message on ArcaOS 5.0.4.

You can give it a try...

Only difference, I run from C: drive.

Regards,

Hajo

--- End quote ---

Thanks Hajo!

Installing the specific items asked for, locally, may be the solution - I have all other items installed for use by the entire system.

As to the Drive letter I doubt there would be a difference - in Config.sys there is a statement specifying what the root directory is (usually the drive containing the Operating System  installation) - if its installed in that root directory as per Pauls installation instructions it should be fine  (unless the kLibc Manager is used to redirect to another directory)

Will try that later and let you know.

Best!

Mark

Mark Szkolnicki:

--- Quote from: Hajo on November 19, 2021, 05:05:12 pm ---I copied libc063.dll, which I found in the OS2Additions of Virtualbox, and the sdl*.dll files of this archive

h??p://www.os2site.com/sw/dev/sdl/sdl-1.2.10-bin-20080804.zip

into the bin directory of wesnoth and it started without error message on ArcaOS 5.0.4.

You can give it a try...

Only difference, I run from C: drive.

Regards,

Hajo

--- End quote ---

Hi Again Hajo!

Had a chance this afternoon to download the 1.2.10 package and install the drivers in wesnot//bin and the game fired up immediately.

It may just be because of the version of drivers or them being situated in the /bin directory (I may explore adding the 1.2.15 package instead in /bin and seeing what happens in future,. as an experiment).

Did not need to add the older Libc package - it seems to work at the latest level for the system here.

I do recall now having to do this for another rather fun quick SDL game in the past called qnetwalk, where the SDL files needed to be in the same directory as the .exe file.

So another of my to do list items checked off today - thanks Hajo! As it looks like you just joined OS2World as a member, welcome and I hope you have a pleasant experience, as there are many fine, interesting and very clever people here who are also great problem solvers.

Best!

Mark

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version