OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Games

Anyone running The Battle for Wesnoth?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Mark Szkolnicki:

--- Quote from: Dave Yeo on November 16, 2021, 07:15:00 am ---Hi Mark,
Yea, I'm about 50 miles east of Vancouver. It rains a lot here but this is the whole of Novembers rain every day for the last 2 days.
Good luck with the ice storm, I hate them.
As for Battle for Wesnoth, the trp doesn't say much besides it is the exe crashing. As a WAG, I'd suggest raising your VIRTUALADDRESSLIMIT, perhaps to 2560, looks like a memory intense application. Maybe Paul will be by with other ideas.
Good luck with the weather.

--- End quote ---

Heh Dave!

Thought I'd check in and see how you were faring - relatives of ours are still stuck up in the mountains on generator last we heard - lost power at home.

Quite a winter storm we had, probably one of the largest single dumps I've seen here in the 31 years we've been in Alberta - had 1.5 - 2 feet of snow across most of the property, including between the garage and driveway (there was none there on Saturday) - shovelled about two tons of heavy wet snow on Tuesday and another two yesterday (not planning to kill myself). We were actually snowed in in our little hamlet of Collingwood Cove, 22 km SE of Sherwood Park for the first time ever on Tuesday (plows cleared sufficiently to get out on icy roads in 4WD yesterday)

Tried upping virtual address limit, but still exactly the same crash - saw no helpful suggestions under other OS's as this is a very old version - may just call it a day and add Wesnoth, latest version to my Windows 7 partition.

But good talking to you, Sir and stay safe - two huge disasters in BC this year is far too many and Best!

M

Dave Yeo:
Hi Mark,
Things aren't too bad where I am, main road to town is still closed so have to take the scenic route with work on the shoulders happening here and there. Things are much worse across the river in Abbotsford where Sumas lake is attempting a comeback and off course further up the valley and in the interior where all roads and rail lines are closed. Not many empty shelves in the grocery store here and gas available, also unlike the hard hit areas. Interesting times.
I live in the snow belt so 2 feet of wet horrible snow happens regularly. With a 100 metre plus driveway, I know the pain of shoveling though most years lately have seen hardly any snow excepting the other winter where we got 6 feet :(
Too bad about the VirtualAddresslimit not helping but not surprising. Still could be the wrong SDL libraries, hard to say without the debug data.
Keep safe.

Paul Smedley:
Hey guys,

--- Quote from: Dave Yeo on November 19, 2021, 06:35:32 am ---Too bad about the VirtualAddresslimit not helping but not surprising. Still could be the wrong SDL libraries, hard to say without the debug data.

--- End quote ---

It's  been on my list to try building a more  recent Wesnoth - I'll try get to it...

Cheers,

Paul

Mark Szkolnicki:

--- Quote from: Paul Smedley on November 19, 2021, 10:31:55 am ---Hey guys,

--- Quote from: Dave Yeo on November 19, 2021, 06:35:32 am ---Too bad about the VirtualAddresslimit not helping but not surprising. Still could be the wrong SDL libraries, hard to say without the debug data.

--- End quote ---

It's  been on my list to try building a more  recent Wesnoth - I'll try get to it...

Cheers,

Paul

--- End quote ---

Good Morning Paul!
(My time in Alberta)

I originally started this thread as I was trying to get v1.4.5 of Wesmoth running and was getting a crash. I attached a capture of the screen I was getting in a previous post. Any clue as to why it is crashing at the moment?

A fine day to you Sir!

Mark

Hajo:
I copied libc063.dll, which I found in the OS2Additions of Virtualbox, and the sdl*.dll files of this archive

h??p://www.os2site.com/sw/dev/sdl/sdl-1.2.10-bin-20080804.zip

into the bin directory of wesnoth and it started without error message on ArcaOS 5.0.4.

You can give it a try...

Only difference, I run from C: drive.

Regards,

Hajo

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version