OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Hardware

New ArcaOS USB driver.

(1/4) > >>

Remy:
I just installed the new available USB driver from ArcaOS.
At end of WPS start, my system got a TRAP 000D in module OS2DASD
(all time).
After investifation and because it is into OS2DASD, I remember having left my USB key plugged into my USB3 port.
I unplugged it and ArcaOS started fine !
All drivers/modules/wps at latest level (no update available under ANPM) - ArcaOS 5.0.2

It looks like a new bug!

rem: About the usb key
        Patriot Supersonic Rage Prime 1Tb USB 3.2 key (NTFS formatted but NTFS driver not installed)

Any idea about the culprit ?
a/ New USB drivers
b/ OS2DASD

Regards.
Rémy   

Dariusz Piatkowski:
Hi Remy,

Given that the trap occurs in DASD, could it be something related to the size of the USB3 attached volume, or perhpas even simpler like the returned device parameters that cause the OS2DASD driver to missinterpret and TRAP?

Dave Yeo:

--- Quote from: Remy on November 20, 2021, 11:25:59 pm ---I just installed the new available USB driver from ArcaOS.
At end of WPS start, my system got a TRAP 000D in module OS2DASD
(all time).
After investifation and because it is into OS2DASD, I remember having left my USB key plugged into my USB3 port.
I unplugged it and ArcaOS started fine !
All drivers/modules/wps at latest level (no update available under ANPM) - ArcaOS 5.0.2

It looks like a new bug!

rem: About the usb key
        Patriot Supersonic Rage Prime 1Tb USB 3.2 key (NTFS formatted but NTFS driver not installed)

Any idea about the culprit ?
a/ New USB drivers
b/ OS2DASD

Regards.
Rémy

--- End quote ---

File an issue at Arca Noae as that sounds like a show stopper, at least assuming you have the stock OS2DASD.

Remy:
I opened a ticket.
After more test, the trap occurs only at end of wps with my usb key plugged in.
When starting without this key and putting it in after the boot ended and wps is fully up, no trap and the usb key is mounted...
It looks like something else could be culprit... investigating more with support... 

Lars:
What version is "the new USB driver"?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version