Author Topic: Using a LaserJet 2100m on a Print Server  (Read 12984 times)

Mark Szkolnicki

• View Profile
Re: Using a LaserJet 2100m on a Print Server
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2022, 05:25:13 pm »
Heh Guys!

Mark,

Glad the jetDirect worked for you.  Since you are using  CUPS you don't need the JetAdmin software - but if you do and can't find it let me know and I will upload it.

I have friend that worked for the bureau of land management who says: "there is no such thing as bad weather - just inappropriate clothing"  Growing up in Phoenix we had the opposite problem - 118 F/47.7C  Once you have taken all your clothes off the "inappropriate clothing" motto loses it meaning.

First of all a Happy New year to all - hope 2022 is infinitely better than last year.

Personally I also prefer colder to brutally warm - I've cross country skied for decades and know how to dress for the cold and how to layer to address how warm you are as you warm up - sweat can kill if you get too warm, in excessive cold. As I mentioned to Dariusz above, I also grew up and lived in Winnipeg Manitoba for 30 years - and January cold snaps can be brutal for 2-3 weeks at a time

I've also worked in both the Middle East and in India - my first introduction to Delhi was at 0300 in the morning and the temperature at the time was 38 C with extremely high humidity, and it climbed to nearly 50 a few days - supersaturated humidity hits you like a blanket. The dry heat of the Middle East is a little easier, but you can only take off so much as then the problem is not only the heat, but the blazing sun, as well - people native to the area are not just covered head to toe for religious reasons.

But this cold snap is something I've never experienced here near Edmonton Alberta in my going on 32 years here - minus 20-25 C can be experienced regularly here but minus 45 C going up to only -35 C, and wind chills regularly in the -50's is highly unusual. Coupled with two freezing rain bouts 3 weeks ago and then 45 cm of snow has left ice roads around here.

I live out in a rural area in a hamlet called Collingwood Cove, about 22 km SE of Sherwood Park and about 35 km from the center of Edmonton, so get into Edmonton rarely, as SP has all our supply needs, but went into Edmonton on New Years Eve, and the roads there were worse than out here - huge stretches of glare ice at corners (up to 30 feet) and black ice everywhere, to add to that wondrous feeling, as you lose control and slide. Spent a lot of time lately in 4 wheel drive, even to just get started off as the traffic lights change at the corners.

But we're all getting hit in different ways - fires and floods for Dave, the grass fires that struck one day too early near Denver (25 cm the day after 1000 homes were destroyed - one of my friends was nearly on that list in Boulder County - 15 miles away, as flames were travelling that in an hour) and extreme cold here.

Things have broke here for the moment and expecting minus 5 C as a high today for exactly one day, then back into the -20's for the week.

I would be interested in getting the JetAdmin software, Doug if you could upload a copy - looking all over the Internet I could not find its presence anywhere for download, which seemed strange.

And I do know who the BLM are - dealt a lot with them in Montana and Wyoming, assisting in the EH&S aspects of building the Express Pipeline, and creating their Emergency Response Plan.

Best of the Rest of the Weekend to all, and hopefully a fine start to the week.

Mark

P.S. Just wanted to leave today with a quote from a very fine lady, who is sadly no longer with us:

"Don't try to be young. Just open your mind. Stay interested in stuff. There are so many things I won't live long enough to find out about, but I'm still curious about them."

- Betty White -
R.I.P. December 31, 2021

Truer words have never been spoken, as the eternal river of time moves ever forward ....... !
« Last Edit: January 02, 2022, 05:30:20 pm by Mark Szkolnicki »
Vincit Que Se Vincit - "He Who Conquers Self Succeeds"

Doug Clark

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2022, 05:57:39 am »
It is on Hobbes. The file is JetAdmin.zip

Mark Szkolnicki

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2022, 04:42:54 pm »
It is on Hobbes. The file is JetAdmin.zip

Got it.

Thanks Doug and a fine day and week to you Sir!

M
Vincit Que Se Vincit - "He Who Conquers Self Succeeds"