OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Internet

PMMail - corrupted folders?

<< < (2/2)

Dariusz Piatkowski:
Hi Neil,

--- Quote from: Neil Waldhauer on December 09, 2021, 03:27:42 pm ---I build PMMail for release and maintain the website. http://pmmail.os2voice.org/index.php?title=Main_Page...
--- End quote ---

Thanks for that. OK, latest version of PMMail has been deployed!

Martin Vieregg:
Is there a new pmMail 3.26 in progress?

There are two ugly problems with 3.25:

* The Text Edit field often does not get updated. I have to click to other folders and back to my folder to get the text of the first E-Mail in the list viewed.
* Starting pmMail and changing to another folder is very time-consuming because Re-Indexing is very time-consuming. Former versions did not re-index every time. Even receiving new E-Mails takes a lot of time, because if a new mail is placed into the trash order, the trash order gets re-indexed every time.
* re-indexing via context menu is now much slower than before.
* A hotkey for "startin in browser" would be great.
Great would be to have the old performance with the current functionality. Perhaps someone can send this comments to the developer.

Doug Bissett:

--- Quote ---Is there a new pmMail 3.26 in progress?
--- End quote ---

Yes, there is a version 3.26 in progress. It likely won't be soon.

--- Quote ---The Text Edit field often does not get updated. I have to click to other folders and back to my folder to get the text of the first E-Mail in the list viewed.
--- End quote ---

Usually, just select a different mail, then go back to the first one, will display the message in the preview pane. This is known, but we don't have a programmer to work on such things.

--- Quote ---Starting pmMail and changing to another folder is very time-consuming because Re-Indexing is very time-consuming. Former versions did not re-index every time. Even receiving new E-Mails takes a lot of time, because if a new mail is placed into the trash order, the trash order gets re-indexed every time.
--- End quote ---

This is not normal. It indicates that you have some sort of problem that re-index is not fixing. I suggest going to the PMMail MANTIS bug tracker, and report it. Detailed logs might help.

--- Quote ---re-indexing via context menu is now much slower than before.
--- End quote ---

What were you using before? PMMail did slow down, a bit, when XML is used. 3.25 has improved on that, somewhat, but it is still slower than pre-XML versions. XML is used because it supports languages other than English.

--- Quote ---A hotkey for "startin in browser" would be great.
--- End quote ---

I am not sure what you mean. This should be added to the PMMail MANTIS bug tracker, as a feature request (if it hasn't already been requested). If we ever get a new programmer, who hasn't got many more important things to do, it will be looked at. Please be more specific about what you are asking for.

Neil Waldhauer:
I want to comment about performance. For me, 3.25 and the private builds of 3.26 are insanely faster than all of the previous 3.x builds. I never tried 2.x builds. I have a million messages in my test account, so I think 2.x would have simple fallen over.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version