OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Programming

Autoconf and OS/2

(1/3) > >>

Jochen Schäfer:
I'm getting on and off in problems with the generated files by autoconf.
My recent case is SDL2. I have cloned BWW's version and tried to upgrade it to mainstream SDL 2.0.14.
I did the merge on my iMac, because it was so much easier with an IDE.
Now, I see consistently the following problem with the generated Makefile:

--- Code: ---/SDL_test_assert.lo: D:/WORK/sdl2/SDL2-os2/src/test/SDL_test_assert.c $(objects)/.created $(RUN_CMD_CC)$(LIBTOOL) --tag=CC --mode=compile $(CC) $(CFLAGS) $(EXTRA_CFLAGS) -MMD -MT $@ -c $< -o $@ /SDL_test_common.lo: D:/WORK/sdl2/SDL2-os2/src/test/SDL_test_common.c $(objects)/.created $(RUN_CMD_CC)$(LIBTOOL) --tag=CC --mode=compile $(CC) $(CFLAGS) $(EXTRA_CFLAGS) -MMD -MT $@ -c $< -o $@ /SDL_test_compare.lo: D:/WORK/sdl2/SDL2-os2/src/test/SDL_test_compare.c $(objects)/.created $(RUN_CMD_CC)$(LIBTOOL) --tag=CC --mode=compile $(CC) $(CFLAGS) $(EXTRA_CFLAGS) -MMD -MT $@ -c $< -o $@ /SDL_test_crc32.lo: D:/WORK/sdl2/SDL2-os2/src/test/SDL_test_crc32.c $(objects)/.created $(RUN_CMD_CC)$(LIBTOOL) --tag=CC --mode=compile $(CC) $(CFLAGS) $(EXTRA_CFLAGS) -MMD -MT $@ -c $< -o $@ /SDL_test_font.lo: D:/WORK/sdl2/SDL2-os2/src/test/SDL_test_font.c $(objects)/.created $(RUN_CMD_CC)$(LIBTOOL) --tag=CC --mode=compile $(CC) $(CFLAGS) $(EXTRA_CFLAGS) -MMD -MT $@ -c $< -o $@ /SDL_test_fuzzer.lo: D:/WORK/sdl2/SDL2-os2/src/test/SDL_test_fuzzer.c $(objects)/.created $(RUN_CMD_CC)$(LIBTOOL) --tag=CC --mode=compile $(CC) $(CFLAGS) $(EXTRA_CFLAGS) -MMD -MT $@ -c $< -o $@ /SDL_test_harness.lo: D:/WORK/sdl2/SDL2-os2/src/test/SDL_test_harness.c $(objects)/.created $(RUN_CMD_CC)$(LIBTOOL) --tag=CC --mode=compile $(CC) $(CFLAGS) $(EXTRA_CFLAGS) -MMD -MT $@ -c $< -o $@ /SDL_test_imageBlit.lo: D:/WORK/sdl2/SDL2-os2/src/test/SDL_test_imageBlit.c $(objects)/.created $(RUN_CMD_CC)$(LIBTOOL) --tag=CC --mode=compile $(CC) $(CFLAGS) $(EXTRA_CFLAGS) -MMD -MT $@ -c $< -o $@ /SDL_test_imageBlitBlend.lo: D:/WORK/sdl2/SDL2-os2/src/test/SDL_test_imageBlitBlend.c $(objects)/.created $(RUN_CMD_CC)$(LIBTOOL) --tag=CC --mode=compile $(CC) $(CFLAGS) $(EXTRA_CFLAGS) -MMD -MT $@ -c $< -o $@ /SDL_test_imageFace.lo: D:/WORK/sdl2/SDL2-os2/src/test/SDL_test_imageFace.c $(objects)/.created $(RUN_CMD_CC)$(LIBTOOL) --tag=CC --mode=compile $(CC) $(CFLAGS) $(EXTRA_CFLAGS) -MMD -MT $@ -c $< -o $@ /SDL_test_imagePrimitives.lo: D:/WORK/sdl2/SDL2-os2/src/test/SDL_test_imagePrimitives.c $(objects)/.created $(RUN_CMD_CC)$(LIBTOOL) --tag=CC --mode=compile $(CC) $(CFLAGS) $(EXTRA_CFLAGS) -MMD -MT $@ -c $< -o $@ /SDL_test_imagePrimitivesBlend.lo: D:/WORK/sdl2/SDL2-os2/src/test/SDL_test_imagePrimitivesBlend.c $(objects)/.created $(RUN_CMD_CC)$(LIBTOOL) --tag=CC --mode=compile $(CC) $(CFLAGS) $(EXTRA_CFLAGS) -MMD -MT $@ -c $< -o $@ /SDL_test_log.lo: D:/WORK/sdl2/SDL2-os2/src/test/SDL_test_log.c $(objects)/.created $(RUN_CMD_CC)$(LIBTOOL) --tag=CC --mode=compile $(CC) $(CFLAGS) $(EXTRA_CFLAGS) -MMD -MT $@ -c $< -o $@ /SDL_test_md5.lo: D:/WORK/sdl2/SDL2-os2/src/test/SDL_test_md5.c $(objects)/.created $(RUN_CMD_CC)$(LIBTOOL) --tag=CC --mode=compile $(CC) $(CFLAGS) $(EXTRA_CFLAGS) -MMD -MT $@ -c $< -o $@ /SDL_test_memory.lo: D:/WORK/sdl2/SDL2-os2/src/test/SDL_test_memory.c $(objects)/.created $(RUN_CMD_CC)$(LIBTOOL) --tag=CC --mode=compile $(CC) $(CFLAGS) $(EXTRA_CFLAGS) -MMD -MT $@ -c $< -o $@ /SDL_test_random.lo: D:/WORK/sdl2/SDL2-os2/src/test/SDL_test_random.c $(objects)/.created $(RUN_CMD_CC)$(LIBTOOL) --tag=CC --mode=compile $(CC) $(CFLAGS) $(EXTRA_CFLAGS) -MMD -MT $@ -c $< -o $@

--- End code ---
This is all on one line and $(objects) is missing before all compile targets, e.g. "/SDL_test_assert.lo:"
Now, when I checkout the commit before the merge commit on the machine without any other changes, I have no problem with the generated Makefile.
For me, it is clear, that line ends are not generated and $(objects) is not expanded.

My question: Does anyone has some pointers, where the problem lies?

Laurence Pithie:
Possibly dos vs unix line end issue?

Dave Yeo:
Most of the OS/2 tools shouldn't care about line endings,with the exception of *cmd files, though it does look like a line ending issue. Best to look with a hex editor.
Have you tried doing a hard reset on OS/2? Or at least a git status?

Jochen Schäfer:
Well, Makefile.in has only LF and not CRLF in both versions.
As I said, I have no problems with the BWW version. With my merge, I get the problems. It's possible, that something is wrong with my installation.
When somebody can check, how the Makefile is created from my repo (https://github.com/josch1710/SDL2-os2), I would be grateful.

Dave Yeo:
Ran autogen.sh and then plain old configure as don;t have much time right now,

--- Code: ---configure: error:
*** Unsupported host:  Please add to configure.ac

--- End code ---
It was a large pull. git status shows only the 2 configure files being modified.
Having *nix line endings in the makefiles should be fine.


[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version