OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Hardware

Yanling - XSK NUC Intel Celeron J3160 with OS/2 - ArcaOS 5.0.7

<< < (3/3)

Andi B.:

--- Quote from: Lars on January 06, 2022, 04:38:02 am ---Andy, are you now running successfully with the latest IJFW build I gave to you on 30.12.2021 ?

--- End quote ---
Yes. But as mentioned per email it needs long time tests to be really sure.

Long story -
if you remember I had occasional hangs with my PCM9310. PCM9310 is my current firewall. I only tested the same installation on the NUC and saw similar/same problems. With PCM9310 I see the problem only once a week or a few times a day (dependent on usage pattern?). So to be really sure I need weeks.

With the NUC I could reproduce a problem (the same problem?) within minutes. But I tested the NUC with a 50-70Mbit/s LTE connection while the PCM9310 handles the 8Mbit/s DSL connection. And we know the problem is load/speed/??? dependent. So not 100% comparable. If this is/was all the same problem than it is definitely solved. If there is still another problem then it may show up in a few days/weeks.

Lars:
Well, IJFW should never hang the whole system.
But if the load becomes too massive, FXWRAP.SYS will start overflowing its internal work queues. That will lead to connections timing out because packets are being rejected (from being added to the work queue) but it should not lead to system hangs. If it does, there is still something not quite right.
But it should be clear, that in this case, you will never be able to achieve a high throughput. FXWRAP.SYS will then act like a "throttle".

Andi B.:
Can't get ICAT over UDP to work. Maybe this is not possible with MultiMac network drivers?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version