OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Setup & Installation

ArcaOS, VirtualBox, and mouse freezes

<< < (3/8) > >>

mauro:
yes it comes by default in Machine Settings,-> System-> MotherBoard-> Pointing device (among USB tablet and USB tablet multitouch)

Bennie Nelson:

--- Quote from: Lars on December 27, 2021, 09:49:52 am ---If you install a new VB version, you will need to manually update the OS/2 additions. Somewhere in the VB GUI you will find an option to attach the additions. That will put the additions on the first CD-ROM Drive letter in your OS/2 guest. Unlock any DLLs in the "os2additions" Folder and then copy over and restart the guest.

--- End quote ---

I have not tried this, yet. I simply kept the VB guest additions that were installed by ArcaOS. I'm used to installing the guest additions manually, so I'll give it a try.
Thanks,
Bennie Nelson

Bennie Nelson:
I updated the VB Guest Additions to match the version of VB and I have only had one mouse freeze in about a week. To recover from that mouse freeze, I used the shutdown command in 4OS2 and then rebooted the VM. Subsequent to that, the clipboard operation in most of the VMs (most are Redhat, but there is one Ubuntu, in addition to ArcaOS), has been spotty, and is deteriorating. I can no longer copy between VMs and sometimes even within the same VM.

The "simple" workaround is to reboot everything including the Redhat host, but that is painful with six running VMs and numerous apps.

At this point, it is looking like this is most likely a VB issue.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions. The script for creating the VB Guest Additions Warpin package i still in the works.

Bennie Nelson

Bennie Nelson:
After a time of stability, the mouse freezes returned. I decided to change the screen resolution from 2560 x 1440 in VirtualBox Full Screen mode to 1920 x 1200 in VirtualBox Scaled Mode, since the native resolution for the monitor is 2560 x 1440. It has been about two weeks without a mouse freeze condition occurring.

I am still investigating the shared Clipboard issue.

Bennie Nelson

Remy:
I'm not under virtualbox (boot through airboot or direct after boot disk choice) and have from time to time mouse freeze too since I upgraded my systemto 5.0.7  (normal mouse driver)

Could it be some drivers compatibility ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version