Bennie Nelson:
Remy,
What video resolution are you using?
Bennie

Remy:
1920x1200

Bennie Nelson:
Remy,
Under virtualbox using the VB Guest Additions, the video driver is a customized version of gengradd. Which video driver are you using? Can you switch to one of the other available drivers?
Bennie

Remy:

--- Quote from: Bennie Nelson on February 15, 2022, 01:49:42 am ---Remy,
Under virtualbox using the VB Guest Additions, the video driver is a customized version of gengradd. Which video driver are you using? Can you switch to one of the other available drivers?
Bennie

--- End quote ---

Hi Benni,

As I wrote, I don't use VB
I directly boot into ArcaOS, no VB

It looks more like the problem is related to usb access...
but I didn't identify the real case making the freeze occur for a few seconds and difficult to reproduce due it is from time to time and sometime, nothing for a few days and then again...
I also suspected a keyboard or mouse temporary problem (like a key sending a pushed state which prevent them other keys or mouse to well works - unify keyboard and mouse in my case) and to exclude them, despite both worked well under windows, I bought a new keyboard and mouse and my first impression was, it was the culprit but after a few days, freeze occurred again making me exclude both devices from investigation...
Q: could a running daemon or widget be the culprit ?  :-\

Bennie Nelson:
Remy,
It certainly could be a conflict with some background process like a widget. When the mouse freezes, is the rest of the system working? Can you use the keyboard, for example? If so, can you run Top to see what activity shows up in the list?
Bennie

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version