OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Setup & Installation

ArcaOS, VirtualBox, and mouse freezes

<< < (7/8) > >>

Pete:
Hi All

No idea why Bennie has a mouse problem in VBox but suspect it is a VBox issue.

I think if I was Remy I would uninstall USB3 drivers and install either the latest AN or Lars USB2  drivers to check if the problem goes away.

Regards

Pete

Andreas Schnellbacher:
Bennie, does your mouse work in a normal ArcaOS installation, without virtualization, on the same hardware?

(I guess, the same as Pete, that it's a VirtualBox issue on Redhat.)

Remy:

--- Quote from: Pete on February 19, 2022, 02:56:51 pm ---Hi All

No idea why Bennie has a mouse problem in VBox but suspect it is a VBox issue.

I think if I was Remy I would uninstall USB3 drivers and install either the latest AN or Lars USB2  drivers to check if the problem goes away.

Regards

Pete

--- End quote ---

ArcaOs has the latest AN USB driver.
My USB dongle is connected on an USB only connecter (Something to try,removing USB3 driver)  ::) 

Bennie Nelson:

--- Quote from: Andreas Schnellbacher on February 19, 2022, 04:24:15 pm ---Bennie, does your mouse work in a normal ArcaOS installation, without virtualization, on the same hardware?

(I guess, the same as Pete, that it's a VirtualBox issue on Redhat.)

--- End quote ---

I only run ArcaOS in virtual machines, so I cannot answer the question. I have had mouse pointer freezes using multiple:
mice, versions of ArcaOS, versions of VirtualBox, versions of Redhat, and Redhat video drivers.

The mouse pointer freezes have gone away when I dropped the video resolution to 1920x1200, as I noted in an earlier post. That does sound like there is an issue with the VB guest additions.

Regards,
Bennie

Doug Bissett:
I do not understand what USB has to do with the mouse in VBox. The mouse activity is simply passed through from the host mouse driver to the virtual mouse driver, in the guest. USB, in the guest, has nothing, at all, to do with that. If VBox has a problem getting mouse activity from the host driver, there could be a problem, but that would be VBox, or the virtual mouse driver, not the USB driver, in the guest. If it stops happening, when you reduce the virtual screen resolution, that does indicate some sort of VBox problem.

What, exactly, is the configuration?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version