OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Internet

Simple Browser revisited.

<< < (3/12) > >>

mauro:

--- Quote from: Dave Yeo on December 31, 2021, 06:04:24 pm ---Looks like you have to upgrade libgcc1 to 9.2.0-5, possibly libstdc++ too to the same version.

--- End quote ---

Hi Dave, among the installed packages I have libgcc (not libgcc1) 9.2.0-5 for Pentium 4, and also libstdc++ 9.2.0-5 for Pentium 4 , while in the downloadable package I have libgcc1 4.9.2.1-3. If I go for yum install libgcc1 as terminal command, the answer is "the package libgcc1-4.9.2.1-3.oC00.pentium4 is made obsolete by libgcc to 9.2.0-5.oC00.pentium4 which is already installed, nothing to do" . I read this situation as if I already have what needed

--- Quote --- My ones are still i686.
As for the need to use the Pentium M repo for the simplebrowser, it seems to need SSE2 support.

--- End quote ---
do not exactly understand if is there something I should do here.
Thank you

Dave Yeo:
Sorry, I should have said libgcc, stupid memory of mine.
If they're up to date, not sure why you got the sys2070, it is always a missing export in the 2nd DLL listed IIRC.
Possibilities include not rebooting after upgrading, other versions of the DLL installed, or perhaps a bad RPM install. You could try reinstalling libgcc and libstdc++ and then rebooting.
About the SSE requirement, not sure if yuo have to do anything. You could change the QT5 libs to Pentium4 by right clicking them in ANPM and using the Get Specific Release menu.

Tom:

--- Quote from: Dave Yeo on January 01, 2022, 11:34:32 pm ---Sorry, I should have said libgcc, stupid memory of mine.
If they're up to date, not sure why you got the sys2070, it is always a missing export in the 2nd DLL listed IIRC.
Possibilities include not rebooting after upgrading, other versions of the DLL installed, or perhaps a bad RPM install. You could try reinstalling libgcc and libstdc++ and then rebooting.
About the SSE requirement, not sure if yuo have to do anything. You could change the QT5 libs to Pentium4 by right clicking them in ANPM and using the Get Specific Release menu.

--- End quote ---

Doesn't the error lie inside stdcpp6.dll, which is part of the package libstdc++ ? It reports a problem with the procedure "GCC1.___gthread_os2_mutex_lock" inside stdcpp6.dll.
Gcc1.dll (which is part of the package libgcc) does not look like the culprit.

It may indeed be that the problem is being caused by another version of stdcpp6.dll somewhere else on mauro's  system.

mauro:
ok, I have restored a clean virtual machine at the state just before to begin this task, and have started again first with the Dave's last suggestions (reinstalling libgcc and libstdc++ at their latest version for Pentium 4 platform), then qt5-qtwebengine-examples and qt5-qtwebengine-debuginfo. Each installation process made by yum install, and confirmed as successfully. Rebooted the system after each one.
Now I get a different kind of error details, as per attached screenshot.

Tom:

--- Quote from: mauro on January 02, 2022, 02:22:00 pm ---ok, I have restored a clean virtual machine at the state just before to begin this task, and have started again first with the Dave's last suggestions (reinstalling libgcc and libstdc++ at their latest version for Pentium 4 platform), then qt5-qtwebengine-examples and qt5-qtwebengine-debuginfo. Each installation process made by yum install, and confirmed as successfully. Rebooted the system after each one.
Now I get a different kind of error details, as per attached screenshot.

--- End quote ---

That new error message indicates that qtweb5c.dll cannot find the procedure LIBCX0._shmem_close .

Just guessing now: did you perhaps *only* install qt5-qtwebengine-examples and qt5-qtwebengine-debuginfo ? That is not enough! You should install these packages (although the first one is already enough - the debuginfo is only needed when writing a support ticket) *in addition to* a normal install of qt5. At the very least you need the packages qt5-qtbase , qt5-qtbase-gui , qt5-qtbase-common. Plus additional dependencies for libc, libcx and many more.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version