Author Topic: Simple Browser revisited.  (Read 42126 times)

Tom

• View Profile
Re: Simple Browser revisited.
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2022, 03:43:17 pm »
At the very least you need the packages qt5-qtbase , qt5-qtbase-gui , qt5-qtbase-common. Plus additional dependencies for libc, libcx and many more.

And of course also qt5-qtwebengine-os2 and qt5-qtwebengine-chromium-os2.

mauro

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2022, 05:55:24 pm »

That new error message indicates that qtweb5c.dll cannot find the procedure LIBCX0._shmem_close .

Just guessing now: did you perhaps *only* install qt5-qtwebengine-examples and qt5-qtwebengine-debuginfo ? That is not enough!

YES, I'm sorry having understood that those two QT5 packages could install every QT5 (and libs) package-dependency needed for working. That is how I expected an rpm installation behaves.

You should install these packages (although the first one is already enough - the debuginfo is only needed when writing a support ticket) *in addition to* a normal install of qt5. At the very least you need the packages qt5-qtbase , qt5-qtbase-gui , qt5-qtbase-common.

Ok, I would go for it but.....

Plus additional dependencies for libc, libcx and many more.

....go nowhere if I don't know exactly what to do here.  Any guide or how to that I can read to get ready for running the simple browser?

And of course also qt5-qtwebengine-os2 and qt5-qtwebengine-chromium-os2

ok, after all above.
Thank you
« Last Edit: January 02, 2022, 05:57:21 pm by mauro »

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2022, 06:59:10 pm »

Doesn't the error lie inside stdcpp6.dll, which is part of the package libstdc++ ? It reports a problem with the procedure "GCC1.___gthread_os2_mutex_lock" inside stdcpp6.dll.
Gcc1.dll (which is part of the package libgcc) does not look like the culprit.

It may indeed be that the problem is being caused by another version of stdcpp6.dll somewhere else on mauro's  system.

Stdcpp6 is trying to load the export ___gthread_os2_mutex_lock from libgcc and not finding it. This is usually caused by mismatched DLL versions

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2022, 10:26:04 pm »
Was wondering it I screwed up and used netlabs-exp at some point, so a new install of ArcaOS 5.0.6.16 EN, which is actually a beta of 5.1 and includes the QT5 libs and now defaults to Pentium4.
Doing yum install qt5-qtwebengine-examples resulted in
Code: [Select]
Installing:
 qt5-qtwebengine-examples    pentium4    5.15.2-1.oc00     netlabs-rel    754 k
Installing for dependencies:
 ffmpeg-libs                 pentium4    4.2.2-4.oc00      netlabs-rel    8.6 M
 lame-libs                   pentium4    3.100-1.oc00      netlabs-rel    392 k
 libevent                    pentium4    2.1.11-4.oc00     netlabs-rel    344 k
 libogg                      pentium4    2:1.3.4-1.oc00    netlabs-rel     27 k
 libtheora                   pentium4    1:1.1.1-1.oc00    netlabs-rel    351 k
 libvorbis                   pentium4    1:1.3.7-2.oc00    netlabs-rel    233 k
 libvpx                      pentium4    1.8.2-1.oc00      netlabs-rel    1.4 M
 libwebp                     pentium4    1.1.0-1.oc00      netlabs-rel    385 k
 libxslt                     pentium4    1.1.34-1.oc00     netlabs-rel    257 k
 minizip                     pentium4    1.2.11-2.oc00     netlabs-rel     26 k
 opus                        pentium4    1.3.1-2.oc00      netlabs-rel    238 k
 qt5-qtwebchannel            pentium4    5.15.2-1.oc00     netlabs-rel    109 k
 qt5-qtwebengine             pentium4    5.15.2-1.oc00     netlabs-rel     84 M
 x264-libs                   pentium4    0.160-1.oc00      netlabs-rel    930 k
 xvidcore                    pentium4    1.3.7-2.oc00      netlabs-rel    304 k

And after marking everything to load high resulted in a working simplebrowser that is much more stable and where I am posting this from.
Not sure why mauro is getting so many sys2070's as netlabs_rel should be up to date enough. Guess I should compare to a new install of 5.0.7 later.

mauro

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2022, 10:48:05 pm »
Was wondering it I screwed up and used netlabs-exp at some point, so a new install of ArcaOS 5.0.6.16 EN, which is actually a beta of 5.1 and includes the QT5 libs and now defaults to Pentium4.

Not sure why mauro is getting so many sys2070's as netlabs_rel should be up to date enough. Guess I should compare to a new install of 5.0.7 later.

Consider I'm on a Warp 4.52 VirtualBox machine, if it may take difference

Igor

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2022, 11:08:53 pm »
I installed all libraries, but I get an error when downloading a page:

Exception Report - created 2022/01/03 01:04:35

LIBC: Killed by SIGSEGV

Hostname:         OS2HOME
 OS2/eCS Version:  2.45
 # of Processors:  4
 Physical Memory:  3535 mb
 Virt Addr Limit:  2944 mb
 Exceptq Version:  7.11.5-shl BETA8 (Jun  1 2020 18:37:02)

Exception C0000005 - Access Violation

Process:  C:\USR\LIB\QT5\EXAMPLES\WEBENGINEWIDGETS\SIMPLEBROWSER\SIMPLEBROWSER.EXE (09/25/2021 20:47:10 85,172)
 PID:      103 (259)
 TID:      07 (7)
 Priority: 200

Filename: C:\USR\LIB\QT5WEBC.DLL (09/25/2021 20:47:11 92,191,016)
 Address:  005B:A903F5B8 (0001:00ACF5B8)
 Cause:    Unknown access fault

Failing Instruction

A903F5AF  MOV     EBX, [EBP+0x10]  (8b5d 10)
 A903F5B2  MOV     EDX, ECX         (89ca)
 A903F5B4  MOV     EAX, EDI         (89f8)
 A903F5B6  MOV     ESI, ECX         (89ce)
 A903F5B8 >DB 0xc5                  (c5)
 A903F5B9  STD                      (fd)
 A903F5BA  OUTSD                    (6f)
 A903F5BB  CMP     EAX, 0xa906dfb0  (3d b0df06a9)

Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2022, 11:26:03 pm »
Ok, I would go for it but.....

Plus additional dependencies for libc, libcx and many more.

....go nowhere if I don't know exactly what to do here.  Any guide or how to that I can read to get ready for running the simple browser?

Sorry, I don't have that information. I had to use trial and error when a testversion became available beginning of 2021 (based on the readme.txt in that package).

One way is what Dave describes below: install the latest version of ArcaOS.
Another way is to use ANPM to install the metapackage QT5: that installs an obsolete version of QT5 (I think 5.11.x ?) and after that use ANPM to update the installed QT5-packages to their latest  versions (5.15-2) which also pulls in required versions of other packages.

After that exercise, check with a tool like pmdll or check32dll which required dlls simplebrowser.exe needs.

Quite a bit of work! Sorry I cannot be of more help.

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2022, 11:52:52 pm »
Hi Mauro, the yum/rpm environment should still work on Warp 4.52, everything will need to be up to date, including the QT5 libs and make sure that your @unixroot\usr\lib is at the front of LIBPATH, even having a dot first can cause problems if something loads an old DLL.
You will have problems due to the kernel, leaking high memory for example and everything that can be (not libc, libcx, libgcc) loaded high needs to be.

Hi Igor, yea it is crashy and sometimes just vanishes. Need as much marked to load high as possible. After doing the *turbo install, which marks all the DLLs that Mozilla uses to load high, I did this to load most everything I could think of to load high,
highmem -c av*dll
highmem -c evnt*dll
highmem -c xvidcore.dll xslt1.dll xslt.dll vorbis0.dll vorbise2.dll vorbisf3.dll webp7.dll webpdec3.dll webpdem2.dll webpmux3.dll
highmem -c swresa1.dll swresa3.dll swscal3.dll swscal5.dll x264160.dll sqlite30.dll qt5*dll
highmem -c theora0.dll theorad1.dll theorae1.dll opus0.dll ogg0.dll libvpx6.dll libvpx4.dll libvpx2.dll kai1.dll hunspel0.dll
need to check if highmem.exe accepts response files, it should, then turn this into a response file.
I also killed ffturbo here as I don't use Firefox much, killing other xxturbo programs might be a good idea to free memory. And of course have the minimal running when testing.

mauro

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2022, 06:51:33 pm »

That new error message indicates that qtweb5c.dll cannot find the procedure LIBCX0._shmem_close .

Just guessing now: did you perhaps *only* install qt5-qtwebengine-examples and qt5-qtwebengine-debuginfo ? That is not enough!

YES, I'm sorry having understood that those two QT5 packages could install every QT5 (and libs) package-dependency needed for working. That is how I expected an rpm installation behaves.

You should install these packages (although the first one is already enough - the debuginfo is only needed when writing a support ticket) *in addition to* a normal install of qt5. At the very least you need the packages qt5-qtbase , qt5-qtbase-gui , qt5-qtbase-common.

in fact now, after having checked which dependencies those two packages have installed, I found qt5-qtbase , qt5-qtbase-gui , qt5-qtbase-common there, with other QT5 stuff.
As it should be.
No qt5-qtwebengine-os2 and qt5-qtwebengine-chromium-os2 packages available.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2022, 06:54:58 pm by mauro »

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2022, 08:42:28 pm »
I see qt5webengine and qt5webengine-examples installed, it should be good enough as long as your LIBPATH is correct.

Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2022, 09:28:34 pm »

in fact now, after having checked which dependencies those two packages have installed, I found qt5-qtbase , qt5-qtbase-gui , qt5-qtbase-common there, with other QT5 stuff.
As it should be.
No qt5-qtwebengine-os2 and qt5-qtwebengine-chromium-os2 packages available.

My mistake: I meant qt5-qtwebengine and qt5-qtwebengine-chromium (without '-os2' at the end). I looked up those names on bitwisework's qt5-os2 repository at github.com, and there they have that '-os2' part at the end of their names, but apparently that is not included in the names of the rpm-packages.

I tried to install qt5-qtwebengine-examples on a laptop, and the list of packages that were to be installed or updated mentioned

dbus-libs
libc
libkai
pcre2-syntax
pcre2-utf16
qt5-qtbase
qt5-qtbase-common
qt5-qtbase-gui
qt5-qtdeclarative
qt5-qtwebchannel
qt5-qtwebengine
qt5-qtwebengine-examples

Several other packages that are needed were not mentioned because they were already installed and at their latest versions (like libxslt and minizip).

So apparently qt5-qtwebengine-chromium is not needed, although I expected that it would be needed.

mauro

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2022, 08:17:16 pm »
I see qt5webengine and qt5webengine-examples installed, it should be good enough as long as your LIBPATH is correct.

I discovered LIBPATH line in config.sys a bit messed (yes: there was a dot just after the = ) and I corrected it as you wrote, with C:\USR\LIB as first call.
But no improve.
In addition, if it means something, Firefox does not run anymore, see error message image.  It can't load anymore its xul.dll , faulty module LIBVPX4

Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2022, 10:26:57 pm »
Hi

Firefox cannot run because you have removed it's ability to find it's dll files.
Reinstate the "." at the start of libpath eg:-
   LIBPATH=.;
Then Firefox (and other apps?) can find required dll files.

The "." in LIBPATH means an app looks in it's own/current directory for supporting dll files.

Regards

Pete

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2022, 10:53:11 pm »
Hi Pete, Firefox can find its program DLLs without LIBPATH. All the others should be in @unixroot\usr\lib which should be close to the beginning of the LIBPATH, often @unixroot\usr\local\lib is in front and by default is empty.

Hi Mauro, sounds like you don't have libvpx-legacy-4 installed. It also sounds like you have a mess, guessing, from installing the DLL's needed by Firefox manually. Things like libvpx4.dll should not be in the Firefox program directory.
Here's a which2.exe which can list DLL's in the libpath, eg
which2 -la libvpx4.dll
Do similar for other DLL's that give you a sys2070

mauro

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2022, 09:40:00 am »

Here's a which2.exe which can list DLL's in the libpath, eg
which2 -la libvpx4.dll
Do similar for other DLL's that give you a sys2070

@Pete, I've restored the line LIBPATH=.; ......      as it was before, keeping C:\USR\LIB as first call

@Dave , in the actual system (after the qt5-qtwebengine-examples installation) :

[C:\OS2\WHICH2]which2 -la libvpx4.dll
libvpx4.dll is NOT FOUND in:
 ., c:/usr/lib, c:/usr/local/lib, c:/ibmlan/netlib, c:/muglib/d
 c:/ibmgsk50/lib, c:/ibmgsk40/lib, c:/ibmgsk/lib, c:/mptn/dll,
 c:/ibmcom/dll, c:/os2/mdos, c:/, c:/os2/apps/dll, c:/mmos2/dll
 c:/vlc2/usr/local/lib, c:/ndfs, c:/odin/system32, c:/office51

in the previous state system, the one I've cloned for working with this task:

[C:\OS2\WHICH2]which2 -la libvpx4.dll
c:/usr/lib/libvpx4.dll

and of course Firefox runs.

While for libcx0.dll , mentioned in the latest error message when trying to start simplebrowser.exe
[C:\OS2\WHICH2]which2 -la libcx0.dll
c:/usr/lib/libcx0.dll

appears to be in the right place