Author Topic: Simple Browser revisited.  (Read 42117 times)

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
Re: Simple Browser revisited.
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2022, 05:45:20 pm »
Weird if it is a clone of a working system. Does ANPM show libvpx-legacy-4 as installed?
I guess you could reinstall all failing packages, right click in ANPM and choose reinstall. Make sure you reboot after doing libc and libcx which should be done first.
As for the dot in LIBPATH, there's been quite a bit of discussion whether it should be first or after @unixroot\usr\lib. Some say yes and some say no. The danger is that something starts and has an old version of a DLL in its program directory and that DLL is the one used.

mauro

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2022, 08:55:35 pm »
Weird if it is a clone of a working system. Does ANPM show libvpx-legacy-4 as installed?

no, it wasn't, found it among the available packages. Once installed, then Firefox runs well.

Still untested your latest suggestions.

Thank you

mauro

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2022, 10:17:14 am »

I guess you could reinstall all failing packages, right click in ANPM and choose reinstall. Make sure you reboot after doing libc and libcx which should be done first.

done this as well.  First of all have to say that libcx (not considered till now) showed to be as previuously existing for i686 arc , then making reinstall for Pentium 4, went ok. Have reinstalled also libc and libstdc++ rebooting each time, went ok.
Then reinstalled every single qt5 package which was taken together with qt5-qtwebengine-example ; all went well except for qt5-qtwebengine, in the attached image you can see the error message that appears when the reinstallation begins. Same now is appearing as I try to run simplebrowser.exe

ivan

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2022, 04:22:03 pm »
Looking at this with my Project Engineers hat on it appears the real BIG problem is that we don't have a Qt5 runtime environment, like we have for Qt4, that all the Qt5 programs are run against.  At the moment we have a mish mash of bits of Qt5 that seem to change with the weather - not a way for getting Qt5 programs to run reliably because one program might run but another requires a changed part of the Qt5 environment to run so the program that once ran now stops running.

Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2022, 05:27:43 pm »
in the attached image you can see the error message that appears when the reinstallation begins. Same now is appearing as I try to run simplebrowser.exe

You are missing icuuc.dll version 68.1-1 - to be found in package libicu (which must match with package icu).

mauro

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2022, 06:52:45 pm »
in the attached image you can see the error message that appears when the reinstallation begins. Same now is appearing as I try to run simplebrowser.exe

You are missing icuuc.dll version 68.1-1 - to be found in package libicu (which must match with package icu).
--
ok, I've found had libicu 56.1-2  i686 installed, and upgraded to 68.1-1 Pentium 4, went ok.
Then rebooted, reinstalled qt5-qtwebengine and went ok, rebooted, run simplebrowser.exe and finally the browser window appeared!!
 :) :)
now, it would be great if it opened webpages as well, it seems not connecting (see first image) for any given url, no matter if I choose YES or NO, it remains blank (second image) .  I also applied Dave's suggestions for highmem loading module in \usr\lib : highmem -c qt5*dll  and   highmem -c av*dll .
But something happens again if I open a New Incognito Window and enter an URL there , here's the next error message (third image)

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2022, 07:09:25 pm »
Yes, qt.io seems to be down quite a bit, it is currently not loading for me.
Try doing CTRL-T to open a new tab and enter https://google.com. If you get the rendering error, just click the try again.
This is a really basic browser so you have to enter the whole address, not just google.com, but https://google.com, and if a site needs www, you have to enter it to.
Glad it came up for you.

mauro

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2022, 07:24:38 pm »
Try doing CTRL-T to open a new tab and enter https://google.com. If you get the rendering error, just click the try again.
This is a really basic browser so you have to enter the whole address, not just google.com, but https://google.com, and if a site needs www, you have to enter it to.
Glad it came up for you.

it remains blank as well with the "no entrance" symbol, both normal and Incongnito window.

Also have to say that system traps every time I close the simplebrowser window

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2022, 07:29:07 pm »
Try pressing the reload button, and yes it is crashy.

mauro

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2022, 09:03:39 pm »
so strange: just worked once among +/-  25 attempts, only with Google.com and only with http (no https) prefix, in Incongnito Window.
Then, starting a research from there, no listed url is selectable since the arrow pointer does not become a hand

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2022, 09:49:17 pm »
Nothing fancy like hand pointers here, try right clicking on one of the links on Google

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2022, 07:18:04 pm »
Just in case. Element is working on Simple Browser.

Element is an Chat client for Matrix. It also has bridges to Libera.Chat IRC and discord.
- Link to some OS/2 Chatrooms: https://matrix.to/#/!gzUtuLkytgQxQPsKNj:matrix.org?via=matrix.aventer.biz&via=matrix.org.

Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.

roberto

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2022, 10:42:58 pm »
During the process of going to high memory some dlls gives me these errors:
Code: [Select]
(C:\USR\lib)highmem -c xvidcore.dll xslt1.dll xslt.dll vorbis0.dll vorbise2.dll
vorbisf3.dll webp7.dll webpdec3.dll webpdem2.dll webpmux3.dll
Processing module : xvidcore.dll
Processing module : xslt1.dll  MODIFIED
Error: "xslt.dll" is not LX format 32bit EXE/DLL module.
Processing module : vorbis0.dll  MODIFIED
Processing module : vorbise2.dll  MODIFIED
Processing module : vorbisf3.dll  MODIFIED
Processing module : webp7.dll  MODIFIED
Processing module : webpdec3.dll  MODIFIED
Processing module : webpdem2.dll  MODIFIED
Processing module : webpmux3.dll  MODIFIED

(C:\USR\lib)highmem -c swresa1.dll swresa3.dll swscal3.dll swscal5.dll x264160.d
ll sqlite30.dll qt5*dll
Error: "swresa1.dll" cannot be opened, rc=110.
Processing module : swresa3.dll  MODIFIED
Error: "swscal3.dll" cannot be opened, rc=110.
Processing module : swscal5.dll  MODIFIED
Processing module : x264160.dll  MODIFIED
Error: "sqlite30.dll" cannot be opened, rc=32.
Processing module : Qt5Cncr.dll

(C:\USR\lib)highmem -c theora0.dll theorad1.dll theorae1.dll opus0.dll ogg0.dll
libvpx6.dll libvpx4.dll libvpx2.dll kai1.dll hunspel0.dll
Processing module : theora0.dll  MODIFIED
Processing module : theorad1.dll  MODIFIED
Processing module : theorae1.dll  MODIFIED
Processing module : opus0.dll  MODIFIED
Processing module : ogg0.dll  MODIFIED
Processing module : libvpx6.dll  MODIFIED
Error: "libvpx4.dll" cannot be opened, rc=32.
Error: "libvpx2.dll" cannot be opened, rc=110.
Error: "kai1.dll" cannot be opened, rc=32.
Processing module : hunspel0.dll  MODIFIED

Saludos

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2022, 11:29:55 pm »
Hi, the ones that can't be opened are locked due to already being opened. Use unlock to unlock them and then set the highmem status. After rebooting (no rush), the highmem status will take affect. For example,
Code: [Select]
unlock sqlite30.dll
highmem -c sqlite30.dll
The xslt.dll error I also saw, ignore it as a non-lx file probably can't be marked high and is small enough not to matter.

mike

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2022, 12:14:06 am »
Glad it came up for you.

Here the browser starts then tries to load a page and simply quits with 2 beeps, so its living only for 4secs. Nothing in the logs and it makes no difference what URL is given.