OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Hardware

[Solved] Iomega ZIP 100 IDE

(1/8) > >>

Igor:
I have iomega zip 100 with IDE interface. I want to access the disk.
I installed an additional IDE controller and drivers:

--- Code: ---BASEDEV=DANIS506.ADD /!BIOS /A:0 /BM /U:0 /A:1 /I /V
BASEDEV=OS2AHCI.ADD
BASEDEV=DANIATAP.FLT /A:0 /U:0 /TYPE:Z /EJ /V
--- End code ---

The system is successfully loaded.
I get a report:

--- Code: ---R1.8.15      /!BIOS /A:0 /BM /U:0 /A:1 /I /V
            Daniela's Bus Master IDE Driver for OS/2 Version 1.8.15
Controller:0  Port:D020 IRQ:10  Status:OK
  JMicron JMB363 PATA host (197B:2363 rev:03) on PCI 2:0.0#1
 Unit:0 Status:OK ATAPI PIO0
  Model:IOMEGA  ZIP 100       ATAPI             14.A   
--- End code ---

And

--- Code: ---0/m: IOMEGA  ZIP 100       ATAPI              14.A    b                     
Port D020/D012, Irq 16, ATAPI, PIO0

0/s: (not present)
--- End code ---

However, the drive letter in the system is not assigned and contact the device cannot be applied.

What can be done to get a drive letter in the system?
According to my memories, once a long time, this device worked in the OS / 2 system.

Doug Bissett:
I am guessing, that you need to mount a disk, and use LVM to assign a drive letter (same as required by USB sticks). That would need to be done for every disk, if it is actually the answer.

Igor:

--- Quote from: Doug Bissett on December 30, 2021, 11:26:41 pm ---I am guessing, that you need to mount a disk, and use LVM to assign a drive letter (same as required by USB sticks). That would need to be done for every disk, if it is actually the answer.

--- End quote ---
Thank you for the response. LVM does not allow you to create a volume on the disk, although the disk itself sees. Similarly, it displays flash drives that are missing. Of course, the drive in the drive is pre-inserted.

Dave Yeo:
Perhaps https://hobbes.nmsu.edu/download/pub/os2/system/drivers/storage/daniadsk.zip will help?

Neil Waldhauer:
I used those back in the day. I remember that the hardware doesn't last long.

Only DaniS506 and DaniATAPI are needed, and no special command flags were needed, but that was when DaniS506 handled the hard drives. Now with OS2AHCI, there is more complexity. You've shown that the controller is loaded.

Did you mention the master/slave status of the Zip drive?

I made some notes, but they are from long ago: http://www.blondeguy.com/ZipInstallEssay.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version