OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Hardware

[Solved] Iomega ZIP 100 IDE

<< < (3/8) > >>

Igor:

--- Quote from: Doug Clark on January 02, 2022, 06:49:48 am ---Igor,

I have an IDE Zip disk on an eComStation machine.  The motherboard does not have an IDE interface so I am using an expansion card with an IDE interface.  I have attached my config.sys in hopes it might be helpful.  I do not remember making any changes to my config.sys in order for the drive, or expansion card, to work - but it was a few years ago.

--- End quote ---

Thank you for your help. I will try to translate the device into floppy mode and then inform about the result.

Mathias:
Just guessing out of nowhere, based on my own IDE-ZIP100 memories with DOS:

Did you try booting the machine with a ZIP diskette in the drive?
I remember, DOS never gave a letter to the drive, but the diskette, when using the IDE ZIP100 drive.

Perhaps it's the same with OS/2. Leave the disk inserted, and restart. - Does it have a drive letter now?

The USB ZIP100 however, does indeed still assign you a drive letter, when inserting a diskette while the operating system is already fully booted.

Igor:

--- Quote from: Mathias on February 06, 2022, 02:17:06 pm ---
Did you try booting the machine with a ZIP diskette in the drive?
I remember, DOS never gave a letter to the drive, but the diskette, when using the IDE ZIP100 drive.

Perhaps it's the same with OS/2. Leave the disk inserted, and restart. - Does it have a drive letter now?

--- End quote ---
I tried to download the operating system having a diskette in the drive. This does not result.
I changed the definition of the device as a floppy disk. It did not help, and I recognize that the drive may simply spoil during this time. Until now, I have no opportunity to check the device's performance. And will this opportunity arise - it is not known.

Dave Yeo:
Wonder if a bootable Linux stick would recognize it?

Igor:

--- Quote from: Dave Yeo on February 07, 2022, 05:39:02 pm ---Wonder if a bootable Linux stick would recognize it?

--- End quote ---
If possible, a link to where to get and how to make such a stick.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version