OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Hardware

[Solved] Iomega ZIP 100 IDE

<< < (2/8) > >>

Igor:

--- Quote from: Dave Yeo on December 31, 2021, 01:14:32 am ---Perhaps https://hobbes.nmsu.edu/download/pub/os2/system/drivers/storage/daniadsk.zip will help?

--- End quote ---
I installed this old Daniel driver. It did not help. The driver used by me for several years is newer and there is a disk icon in LVM, but it is supposedly not inserted.

Igor:

--- Quote from: Neil Waldhauer on December 31, 2021, 03:39:03 pm ---Did you mention the master/slave status of the Zip drive?

--- End quote ---

My ZIP-drive is set as a master drive.

Lars:
I seem to vaguely remember that with newer versions of DANIS506.ADD the DANIATAP.FLT is no longer needed.
What also seems odd that one driver reports use of IRQ 10 and the other of IRQ 16 for the very same controller. Just try without the FLT driver.

Doug Clark:
Igor,

I have an IDE Zip disk on an eComStation machine.  The motherboard does not have an IDE interface so I am using an expansion card with an IDE interface.  I have attached my config.sys in hopes it might be helpful.  I do not remember making any changes to my config.sys in order for the drive, or expansion card, to work - but it was a few years ago.

Zip disks function like USB thumb drives, in that a drive letter is not assigned until you insert a disk and click on Refresh Removable Media.  Likewise you need to "eject" the disk using the command line or the WPS before removing the disk.

I have about 10 zip disks from the mid 1990s that I recently searched looking for some old software.  All the disks were readable.  Most are formatted as FAT but at least one is formatted HPFS.

My memory of how I formatted some as HPFS was to insert the disk before booting the machine; the system thought it was a fixed drive at that point.  Once again this was many years ago and I may be remembering incorrectly and that might have been on a SCSI based Zip drive - if it makes a difference.

Good luck

Igor:

--- Quote from: Lars on January 01, 2022, 12:46:10 am ---I seem to vaguely remember that with newer versions of DANIS506.ADD the DANIATAP.FLT is no longer needed.
What also seems odd that one driver reports use of IRQ 10 and the other of IRQ 16 for the very same controller. Just try without the FLT driver.

--- End quote ---

If you remove the Daniatapi, the disk icon in the minijm disappears.
Error with interrupts is a well-known Daniel error. There in one case does not correctly display interrupts if their number is more 15.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version