OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Storage

JFS - Trap 0003 - anyone?

<< < (3/3)

Dariusz Piatkowski:
Dave,

--- Quote from: Dave Yeo on January 09, 2022, 04:11:34 am ---The problem is that you are using the latest kernel on Warp v4.52. IBM has only licensed it for ArcaOS so Arca Noae isn't going to support it, at that they basically can't support it.

--- End quote ---

That I understand, however my less-than-conducive experience stems from working through some issues I had BEFORE the latest kernel was even being talked about and subsequently released...bottom line: DA's take on my multiple reported issues simply was "unless you're running one of our approved combinations I can't help you"...soo...I gave up!

Besides, you know this very well, take a look at the latest USB driver test request on our Testers List, see that glaring:

--- Quote ---As always, please review and follow the Arca Noae Test Team Policy which is available here:  https://www.arcanoae.com/wiki/test-team-policy/

--- End quote ---

...which I have no access to, so maybe you can tell me what's on there?

Meanwhile I'm guessing that there are way many more hardware combinations out there that the USB driver test effort would benefit from, folks who are NOT currently running AOS, and yet we leave that opportunity completely un-tapped.

Anyways, politics, whatever...following my multiple attempts at providing testing/debugging value I gave up and decided to focus exclusively on stuff that somewhat still remains non-AOS core, such as the Samba clients, general apps (Lucide, etc.).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version