OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Setup & Installation

Quick question about boot manager

<< < (2/2)

Pete:
Hi

There was a trick to using 1Tb drives with BootManager involving using DFSee...  wipe start of partition (or similar menu option). LVM and BootManager then "see" the whole 1 TB drive instead of limiting it to 512Gb.

Regards

Pete

Olafur Gunnlaugsson:

--- Quote from: ivan on January 07, 2022, 09:02:19 pm ---I want to setup a replacement computer system with multiple operating systems on it.

I have learned that the boot manager that comes with ArcaOS is useless on any of my AMD Ryzen based systems - it does not display any of the menus so it is impossible to select an OS.

Before I start this project I would like to know if anyone is using the old OS/2 boot manager in such a situation.  I know the primary partition limitations and since I only want three operating systems on this new system (Boot Manager, OS/2(ArcaOS), Linux Mint and Win7).  There will be several hard disks - the number will depend on how well the system will work.

The reason for this is because I am fedup with having 5 or more computers running at the same time all feeding into a KVM switch and two monitors, also on a HHDMI switch.

Any information and comments?  Thanks in advance.

--- End quote ---

I used the boot manager built into Windows 8 to boot into OS/2 and other OS's, a few years back. I have not tried it with Win 10 as I simply use the EFI/BIOS emulator switch built into the UEFI firmware to switch between two disks, one with GPT and one with MBR.

ivan:
Thanks everyone, the fun should start monday if the parts all arrive.

The biggest problem was finding an AMD Ryzen based m/b that has 6 SATA ports, hard disks not a problem and I found a combination unit (slimline DVD and 3.5" hd draw) which makes using a case I have easy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version