OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Multimedia

Mic/Line in with UniAud (3.0.1)

<< < (2/2)

Paul Smedley:
OK... I will try and test with my Thinkpad T470s.... I'd love to know if mic/line in EVER worked with Uniaud.....

If you get a chance to run a 'testlog uniaud' with a debug driver, it would be interesting to see....

Jan-Erik Lärka:
Debug version of UniAud used with /L /M options set in config.sys

Jan-Erik Lärka:
and the laptop with debug build

I now tried the "Direct Audio" in "IBM Developer's Toolkit version 4.5" subfolder "Multimedia Sample Programs" and
played REC said bla bla bla, stopped it and played it back... with a lot of noise, but I could hear my own bla bla bla.
So can it use the internal mic perhaps?
"Audio Recorder" in the same "Multimedia Sample Programs" refuse however to work.

Mentore:

--- Quote from: Jan-Erik Lärka on September 25, 2022, 01:51:21 pm ---and the laptop with debug build

I now tried the "Direct Audio" in "IBM Developer's Toolkit version 4.5" subfolder "Multimedia Sample Programs" and
played REC said bla bla bla, stopped it and played it back... with a lot of noise, but I could hear my own bla bla bla.
So can it use the internal mic perhaps?
"Audio Recorder" in the same "Multimedia Sample Programs" refuse however to work.

--- End quote ---

IIRC Audio Recorder is an MMPM/2 software. This should mean it needs a Media Control Interface to work, which most probably isn't available with Uniaud.

DART, instead, seems working, albeit "with a lot of noise" as you say. My experiences in recording audio with OS/2 are terribly old so I don't remember if I used Uniaud or the old (but good) Soundblaster Live! drivers (or the horrible AWE64 drivers). You may find useful also PlayRec, a command-line utility which is also able to display the input level during recording.

Mentore

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version