Author Topic: Trap 000D when trying to go to command line  (Read 4003 times)

jkrim

• View Profile
Trap 000D when trying to go to command line
« on: February 01, 2022, 11:43:23 pm »
I am trying to boot eCS to the command line by pressing the Alt-F1 when the white square appears in the upper left hand corner, then pressing F2 to get to the command line.   Immediately after pressing the F2 to get to the command line, I get a Trap 000D and stop.  I am wondering if anyone knows which CONFIG.SYS the system is using to boot to the command line at the blue selection screen after pressing ALT-F! at the square then pressing F2?  Aside from that question, is there any other way to identify/debug why there is a TRAP 000D?

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
Re: Trap 000D when trying to go to command line
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2022, 12:47:35 am »
Hi

I'm trying to dig that out of my memory.... I think it is config.x on C:\os2\BOOT.

Please post back if you find which driver was not allowing you to boot in Alt+F1 mode.

Regards
« Last Edit: February 02, 2022, 01:32:02 am by Martin Iturbide »
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.

Lars

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2022, 07:28:52 am »
Compare os2/boot/config.x with config.sys.
The difference (in drivers) must be causing the trap D.
The trap screen also usually shows the module that failed (but not always).

jkrim

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2022, 05:24:13 pm »
Thanks, Martin.  Yes.  It is the config.x.   I verified by adding PAUSE.SYS drivers to make sure it paused.  I am not exactly sure which driver was the culprit but I suspect it was at least the PRINT01.SYS which was also commented out in config.sys.   I commented out several others that didn't load (but no TRAP 000D, just a message) and now I can get to the command line.  This is going to make my life much easier as I had no way to recover from a normal boot hang other than restore a "good" image of the eCS partition with Dfsee.