OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Networking

GenMU WIFI driver for Ralink 301

(1/3) > >>

jkrim:
Hello,

Is there a GenMU WIFI test version driver for RALINK 0301 or can I "make" one?  In Windows 2000, I see the DEV_0301 in the .inf file and it works under Win 2K in the same machine I am trying to install it under eComStation 2.0.

(I attempted to directly send this to Doug Bissett but it appears his personal email that I corresponded to him at several months ago is no longer valid as it bounced).

Thanks,
Jordan Krim

Dave Yeo:
Yea, Doug changed his ISP. Same user name at ocii.com or wait till he shows up here.
And welcome to the forum.

Martin Iturbide:
Hi Jordan. Good to see you in the forum.

I wrote this some time ago: "Testing an UnSupported Network Driver with GenMAC"

This was my experience trying to test an unsupported Windows XP (32bits) driver with GenMU. Maybe it may work, but GenMAC is a lottery. If by chance your Win2K driver works on OS/2 and it is not already on GenMu, please send it Doug  and/or post it here too.

Regards

Doug Bissett:

--- Quote ---Is there a GenMU WIFI test version driver for RALINK 0301 or can I "make" one?  In Windows 2000, I see the DEV_0301 in the .inf file and it works under Win 2K in the same machine I am trying to install it under eComStation 2.0.
--- End quote ---

Hi. Welcome. Yes, I did change my e-mail address, some time ago. It is changed in the information at: ftp://genmac@ftp.os2voice.org/. You should go there, and review the information in GENMU_TEST_README.TXT (it will ask for a password, use "unsupported" lower case, and no quotes). There are a few RALINK devices configured, and listed, but nobody ever told me that they do, or do not, actually work, so they are still in the TEST group.

"RALINK 301" means nothing. You need to know the PCI ID, which will be something like: "1814:0701". You get that by running PCI.EXE. If your device is already configured, just install it. If it is not configured, send me the PCI ID, and I will see if I can remember how to build an installer for it (or, you can follow the directions in GENMU_TEST_README.TXT). I only need the windows file names, for now. I probably already have the files.

As Martin said, it is a lottery. Sometimes GENMAC works well. Sometimes, it won't work, at all. In either case, I would like to know what happens. Perhaps I can make some suggestions, if it doesn't work.

jkrim:
Here is the information from pci.exe:

Vendor 1814h  Ralink
Device 0301h  RT2561/RT61 802, 11 g PCI
Subsys Vendor 1737h Linksys

This device is the Linksys WMP54G PCI WIFI adapter.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version