OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Networking

GenMU WIFI driver for Ralink 301

<< < (3/3)

Andi B.:

--- Quote from: jkrim on January 27, 2022, 06:35:52 pm ---...
wpa_supplicant version on your system
wpa_supplicant.exe not found!
e:\xwlan_1.3_widget\xcenter\xwlan\

Does the wpa_supplicant need to be installed somewhere or am I missing something else?

I am attempting to use Wireless LAN monitor version 3.13.

--- End quote ---
wpa_supplicant is included since a while for your convenience. But current version is xwlan314beta11.zip (ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/pub/wlan/). Can't remember anymore if it was included with 3.13 too. It's also possible that you don't have the required libs installed to run wpa_supplicant. Try wpa_supplicant from the command line.

Wait I just read here ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/pub/wlan/readme.txt the supplicant is included since 3.14. Anyway you've check point 1 at this readme first.

Doug Bissett:

--- Quote ---What do you mean exactly by "doesn't work"?
--- End quote ---

At least two people reported that it doesn't work. Whether they were right, or not, I don't know. I don't remember the details. That was a few years ago.

--- Quote ---I found that the GENM32W.OS2 file already has the RT61 entry so didn't need to hack it.
--- End quote ---

So, you were playing with this before, and didn't clean up after.

--- Quote ---This is probably due to the fact that I notice that on the Wireless LAN monitor properties page I see this:

wpa_supplicant version on your system
wpa_supplicant.exe not found!
e:\xwlan_1.3_widget\xcenter\xwlan\

Does the wpa_supplicant need to be installed somewhere or am I missing something else?

I am attempting to use Wireless LAN monitor version 3.13.   

--- End quote ---

Okay, so you have the driver loading (that doesn't mean it will actually work). The supplicant is part of the WLAN package, and has nothing to do with GENMAC. See the previous entry, for more about WLAN, and the supplicant.

Keep us posted, if it does actually work, I will request the files that you are using, and I will put it into the GENMU TEST package.

Be aware, that the internal data (the windows driver) can overwrite part of the GENMAC configuration stuff. It may appear to load okay, but it isn't going to work, unless you are very very lucky, and the correct bits happen to match what you need (never happens).

jkrim:
Well, I guess I'm lucky  :)
I did get it to work by manually copying over a wpa_supplicant.exe file from another working eCs installation.  I also had to copy over DHCLIENT.EXE and DHCONF.EXE but I used a manual configuration setting the IP address on TCPIP configuration page because when eCS booted it was giving me the DCHP: message (counting down by 5 from 55 to 0) and delaying the boot process too much to suit me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version