Author Topic: GSView - make complains of "No such file or directory"  (Read 11229 times)

Harald Kamm

• View Profile
Re: GSView - make complains of "No such file or directory"
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2022, 08:55:44 pm »
As well as me   :)

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2022, 09:16:54 pm »
Hi Dariusz,
Meanwhile, I have been using 'pswrite' with the gs9.04, but discovered that this device is no longer available in gs9.18, which is what started me on this "mission"...lol

From the readme of my last gs build:
"4) GSView requires manual changes to the Ghostscript Include statement (Options->Advanced Configuration) - I used 'c:\gs\gs9.15\resource\init;C:\GS\gs9.15\lib;C:\GS\gs9.15\Resource\font;C:\GS\fonts;c:\psfonts;' to make it work
5) the pswrite device that GSView uses to print has been removed from Ghostscript 9.x. To print using ghostview, modify x:\os2\gvpm.ini and replace all cases of pswrite with ps2write"

This worked for me at the time.

Cheers,

Paul

Dariusz Piatkowski

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2022, 04:09:22 am »
Hi Paul,

From the readme of my last gs build:
"4) GSView requires manual changes to the Ghostscript Include statement (Options->Advanced Configuration) - I used 'c:\gs\gs9.15\resource\init;C:\GS\gs9.15\lib;C:\GS\gs9.15\Resource\font;C:\GS\fonts;c:\psfonts;' to make it work
5) the pswrite device that GSView uses to print has been removed from Ghostscript 9.x. To print using ghostview, modify x:\os2\gvpm.ini and replace all cases of pswrite with ps2write"...

Oh, believe me, I went down that road long time ago. In fact you may not remember, but you had previously tried to helpe me with this (getting your port of GS9.15 printing) and we could not get it to work.

I have a SINGLE occurence of gvpm.ini file on my partition, any changes I make are always reflected in it. Yet, GSView still tosses an error.

That is what caused me to use GS9.04, until Lucide 1.5.0GA (which is about late 2019 I think) came out, so I switched to that nearly fulltime, but like I said earlier, sometimes I still have printing problems there.

Anyways, appreciate the response nonetheless!