Author Topic: Ghostscript - 9.18 build, any advice?  (Read 4196 times)

Dariusz Piatkowski

• View Profile
Ghostscript - 9.18 build, any advice?
« on: February 09, 2022, 02:47:24 am »
 ;)

Alright, so my help ticket hasn't resulted in an answer from the official BWW channel: it sounds like Silvan is alone/himself handling these, and since it's a volunteer effort I best make plans for an alternative approach to debugging my "Failed to print with GS 9.18". Just our reality I think, no fault of his.

Soo....I downloaded BWW's GS codebase, deployed locally, I have studied the source for a couple of days now. Did my share of the official documentation review...I have GCC as well as IBMCPP available here and it looks like the OS2.MAK file can handle either one.

Therefore, before I take the plunge and run with it: any last-minute advice as to what to watch out for???

It's a big app, numerous pieces (display and print devices, etc, etc), but the makefile itself doesn't actually look all that daunting.

Thanks!

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
Re: Ghostscript - 9.18 build, any advice?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2022, 03:40:01 am »
Maybe download the src rpm, unrpm it and take a look at how it was built, libs, flags etc.

Dariusz Piatkowski

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2022, 03:48:18 am »
Dave,

Maybe download the src rpm, unrpm it and take a look at how it was built, libs, flags etc.

I grabbed the source ZIP file that BWW has on their GitHub project page...what is the "src rpm", do you mean to say actual RPM package that has the full source?

I see they have a Git https URL, and while I do have Git installed here, I haven't done any real project work with it, so I'd rather not mix up two learning curves at the same time! LOL

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2022, 03:59:19 am »

Jochen Schäfer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2022, 08:18:35 am »
Code: [Select]
rpm2cpio myrpmfile.rpm | cpio -idmv also works.