Public Discussions > Off Topic discussions

Haiku gets GIMP, Inkscape

(1/2) > >>

Martin Iturbide:
...and now the envy is killing me.

- Haiku gets GIMP, Inkscape

Dave Yeo:

--- Quote from: Martin Iturbide on February 15, 2022, 02:15:55 am ---...and now the envy is killing me.

- Haiku gets GIMP, Inkscape

--- End quote ---

Be nice to have a GTK3 port along side the QT5 one but as far as I understand, GTK is less portable then QT and would likely need a couple of Dmitiry's to port, if possible. Haiku is pretty simple and mostly Posix compatible.

Martin Iturbide:

Is there anything crazy like a GTK to Qt interpreter that will transform the GTK calls to it's simil in Qt? Yeah, that is too crazy and very specif to our needs.

Regards

Paul Smedley:

--- Quote from: Martin Iturbide on February 16, 2022, 06:33:26 pm ---Is there anything crazy like a GTK to Qt interpreter that will transform the GTK calls to it's simil in Qt? Yeah, that is too crazy and very specif to our needs.

--- End quote ---

I considered trying to built GTK2 with Odin back in the day, but it all got too hard :/

Martin Iturbide:

--- Quote from: Paul Smedley on February 16, 2022, 08:56:25 pm ---I considered trying to built GTK2 with Odin back in the day, but it all got too hard :/

--- End quote ---

Hi

I don't think that magically the new GTK version will be easier to port today. I guess that we don't have all the graphics controls on Odin required for GTK at this moment.

Regards.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version