OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Internet

RPM: Switching from i686 to Pentium4

<< < (2/5) > >>

Martin Iturbide:
Hi

I went the other way and installed RPM with ANPM. So I reinstalled ANPM and it installed
http://repos.arcanoae.com/anpm/pentium4/rpm-yum-base-os2-pentium4-2021-10-23.exe

ANPM asked me if I wanted pentium4 or i686, so I got pentium4.

YUM and RPM seems to be working back and seems to be in "pentium4" mode now. Now I will install all the packages.

Regards

Dave Yeo:

--- Quote from: Martin Iturbide on February 27, 2022, 03:03:13 pm ---Thanks Dave. The unlock and killing CUPS process worked to rename /usr and /etc.

But now I have the issue that "rpm-yum-bootstrap-1_5-p4.wpi" demands for the Warpin Libc 0.6 runtime to be installed.

Regards

--- End quote ---

Glad you got it working. It does raise the question whether "rpm-yum-bootstrap-1_5-p4.wpi" would even work without a major hassle updating Python. Perhaps Bitwise should remove it and just rely on ANPM

Lars:
Netlabs has a newer one:

http://rpm.netlabs.org/bootstrap/rpm-yum-bootstrap-1_7-pentium4.zip

It's just not linked from the RPM main page. And it is not a WPI but a ZIP.

Martin Iturbide:
Hi

For the moment I think I completed the process to changing my ArcaOS 5.0.7 VM from i686 to Pentium4 by using ANPM. I think I will write the sequence on the OS2World wiki, just in case I forget about it on the future.

I will also see if I can update the link on the netlabs RPM project too.

Regards

mauro:

--- Quote from: Martin Iturbide on March 01, 2022, 10:49:42 pm ---Hi

For the moment I think I completed the process to changing my ArcaOS 5.0.7 VM from i686 to Pentium4 by using ANPM. I think I will write the sequence on the OS2World wiki, just in case I forget about it on the future.

I will also see if I can update the link on the netlabs RPM project too.

Regards

--- End quote ---

Hi Martin, please post the link when done, I'm interested as well.
Thank you

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version