Author Topic: creation of directory "runtime-root" in temp directory - why ?  (Read 2682 times)

Lars

• View Profile
Hallo,

I have a RAM disk and environment var "TMPDIR" is pointing to it (other vars like TMP, TEMP and EPFITMPDIR are instead pointing to a hard drive directory).
Effectively it´s "set TMPDIR = Z:\" where Z: is the RAM disk drive letter.
It seems that as soon as I start an app that was ported from Unix (and therefore will in some way use LIBC etc.) then, a directory "runtime-root" is created in the root of Z:

I could care less as it will be gone on the next bootup but it seems to negatively impact the initial run of such an app. Why is this directory created and how can I prevent it from being created ?

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
Re: creation of directory "runtime-root" in temp directory - why ?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2022, 01:54:52 pm »
It seems that as soon as I start an app that was ported from Unix (and therefore will in some way use LIBC etc.) then, a directory "runtime-root" is created in the root of Z:
Hi Lars

Is that a public app we can also test and confirm the issue, or it is some private build?

Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
Re: creation of directory "runtime-root" in temp directory - why ?
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2022, 05:10:38 pm »
I see the same where %TMPDIR% points, also a ramdisk, H:\tmp.
Not sure what triggers it besides it being recent as up until the end of January I was using a different %TMPDIR%, k:\var\temp which doesn't have it.
Could open an issue with Bitwise about it.