Author Topic: Test build of dooble with qt5  (Read 125463 times)

Mark Szkolnicki

• View Profile
Re: Test build of dooble with qt5
« Reply #75 on: May 01, 2022, 04:34:43 am »
Heh Dave!

Hi Mark, to add favourites, click the star beside the URL entry thing.
There is no setting for restoring the previous session, there is the history.
The cookie support seems not too bad, but I notice things like having to log into os2world every time I start the browser.
Unluckily it is still a very basic browser, with I understand basically one guy developing it and there's a lot of stuff I miss compared to SeaMonkey with NoScript. It  does help to have a hosts file that blocks a lot of crap.

Thats the problem here, Sir - doesn't work (clicking the star beside the URL)

As a Beta Tester, not what we want to hear.

Still a work in progress - but it is a progression, indeed!

As always a fine weekend to you!

M

« Last Edit: May 01, 2022, 04:38:02 am by Mark Szkolnicki »
Vincit Que Se Vincit - "He Who Conquers Self Succeeds"

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 01, 2022, 06:20:47 am »
I guess the settings of the code page for DBCS are different.

OK, that was going to be my next question. So you're running a DBCS system? I guess an issue will have to be raised.
What version of OS/2 are you running? And which codepage?

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 01, 2022, 06:27:13 am »
Heh Dave!

There is no setting for restoring the previous session, there is the history.
The cookie support seems not too bad, but I notice things like having to log into os2world every time I start the browser.
Unluckily it is still a very basic browser, with I understand basically one guy developing it and there's a lot of stuff I miss compared to SeaMonkey with NoScript. It  does help to have a hosts file that blocks a lot of crap.

Thats the problem here, Sir - doesn't work (clicking the star beside the URL)

As a Beta Tester, not what we want to hear.

Still a work in progress - but it is a progression, indeed!

As always a fine weekend to you!

M

Seems to work here, though it seems I lost earlier favourites.
I'd assume like Mozilla, the profile is fragile. You might want to reset it and retry.

Remy

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 01, 2022, 01:20:46 pm »
Dooble is unable to open my webpage without crashing....
https://remydodin.levillage.org

I disagree: at this very moment I am visiting your homepage at the URL mentioned, using Dooble for OS/2.
BTW: what are 'fird parties' ? ;)

Youtube and Arca Noae.

(Before I reinstall Dooble, I cold open my page but since re-install, no more able to open it without a final crash

Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 01, 2022, 01:49:03 pm »
Hi All

The real downside to Dooble here is that it closes after 10 to 15 minutes use - no beeps,squeaks or log files. Dooble can be restarted immediately for another 10 to 15 minutes use.

I was presuming it is NSS/NSPR related - the same problem Mozilla has with the latest NSS/NSPR - but if others are not having this problem maybe it is not.
What versions of NSS/NSPR are other people using? - I currently have NSPR 4.23.0-1 and NSS 3.47.0-2  installed.

If not a NSS/NSPR problem what else should I look at?

Regards

Pete

David McKenna

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 01, 2022, 03:36:06 pm »
 Hi Pete,

You might want to try running Dooble from a command prompt window like this:

sh -c dooble.exe

When dooble exits, see if there are any messages in the comand prompt window - might give a clue about what is going on. I can get Dooble to exit reliably like you describe if I try to open a private window while running in single process mode (apparently not supported so causes Dooble to close).

Regards,

Mark Szkolnicki

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 01, 2022, 03:43:23 pm »
Morning Dave!

Writing this on Dooble and tried it again. I get it now - these bleary old eyes of mine were focused on the LARGE star on the right side of the page (by the menu icon), instead of the tiny little one immediately to the left of the URL Got my first favourite - namely this site!

One thing I just noted, writing this, is I was trying to eliminate an empty line and nothing happened - I can highlight and delete or cut something out but can't eliminate the empty space with the delete key.

Woooops .............. I see you can eliminate a line by pressing the backspace key ........... but thats not particularly intuitive.

I think I'm also getting extra key presses or key presses that didn't occur as I note a number of characters that I don't think I typed and some misspelled words - but perhaps its just too early in the morning ..............

As to Noscript and also Adblock, we are inseparable companions on Seamonkey - I love all that peaceful, empty space everywhere, so I can focus strictly on what I want to see or read.

M
« Last Edit: May 01, 2022, 03:45:54 pm by Mark Szkolnicki »
Vincit Que Se Vincit - "He Who Conquers Self Succeeds"

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #82 on: May 01, 2022, 05:37:29 pm »
Hi

I installed Dooble on a different VM with ArcaOS 5.0.6. Installed with yum with all the dependencies.

When I run dooble I get this error on POPUPLOG.
------------------------------------------------------------

05-01-2022  10:36:51  SYS2070  PID 0045  TID 0001  Slot 0063
C:\USR\BIN\DOOBLE.EXE
QT5WEBC->ICUUC.__ZN3icu6Locale14forLanguageTagENS_11StringPieceER10UE

QT5WEBC->ICUUC.__ZN3icu13UnicodeStringC1EPKDsi

Any ideas what can I be missing?

Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 01, 2022, 05:46:39 pm »
Hi

I installed Dooble on a different VM with ArcaOS 5.0.6. Installed with yum with all the dependencies.

Regards

The latest libicu, 68.1-1 here, I see I still have the i686 one.

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 01, 2022, 05:48:29 pm »
One thing I just noted, writing this, is I was trying to eliminate an empty line and nothing happened - I can highlight and delete or cut something out but can't eliminate the empty space with the delete key.

Woooops .............. I see you can eliminate a line by pressing the backspace key ........... but thats not particularly intuitive.

I think I'm also getting extra key presses or key presses that didn't occur as I note a number of characters that I don't think I typed and some misspelled words - but perhaps its just too early in the morning ..............

As to Noscript and also Adblock, we are inseparable companions on Seamonkey - I love all that peaceful, empty space everywhere, so I can focus strictly on what I want to see or read.

Yes, there is something wrong with the keyboard support, almost like the wrong term is used.

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 01, 2022, 05:55:17 pm »
Hi All

The real downside to Dooble here is that it closes after 10 to 15 minutes use - no beeps,squeaks or log files. Dooble can be restarted immediately for another 10 to 15 minutes use.

I was presuming it is NSS/NSPR related - the same problem Mozilla has with the latest NSS/NSPR - but if others are not having this problem maybe it is not.
What versions of NSS/NSPR are other people using? - I currently have NSPR 4.23.0-1 and NSS 3.47.0-2  installed.

If not a NSS/NSPR problem what else should I look at?

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete, Dooble requires the latest NSPR4 and NSS packages. It could be related as the Mozilla apps sure didn't like the updated ones. Dooble stays up for hours of light use here, I still mostly use SeaMonkey.
As David suggested, try catching stdout/stderr, I use (without the quotes) "dooble.exe 2>&1 | tee dooble.log" to redirect to dooble.log and the console.
Another possibility for everyone is problems created by too high of a VIRTUALADDRESSLIMIT, I just lowered mine as a test. Values need to be X00 in hex or these, 2048, 2304, 2560, 2816, 3072. There's likely others too.

Holger Schuett

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 01, 2022, 06:00:17 pm »
Hi,
l thank those working on Dooble, for me this is a great step forward!!

I have a x61 here with only ArcaOs installed (5.0.1), 3GB. On this machine Dooble runs well, not fast but very stable, until now. I could open any page I tried
@Remy : I can open your hompage right away and everything works, I can even look at the video concerning Warpstock and AvxCat.
The only Issue until now is setting a homepage to be opened when startting the browser.
I set this page as Homepage : https://lite.qwant.com/
The browser starts and seems to load the page but the page stays empty. Typing the address manually the browser loads the page with no obvious problem. No big issue anyway.

I have a second machine here, a X200, same installation. It has 8 GB installed, 3 GB recognized by ArcaOS. On this machine the browser starts but actually immedeately crashes when opening the most pages. I can load Os2world but as soon as I try to f.e. open a thread in the forum the browser crashes. Still working on this, I do believe it is rather a problem concerning QT5 on this machine, have to keep trying.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2022, 06:02:29 pm by Holger Schuett »

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #87 on: May 01, 2022, 06:17:06 pm »
Hi

Regards

The latest libicu, 68.1-1 here, I see I still have the i686 one.

Thanks, my mistake. There where some libraries that were not updated on that VM. I run "Yum update" and now it is working.

Regard
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 01, 2022, 07:53:42 pm »
Another weirdness with dooble. With Firefox or SeaMonkey, if the browser is already running and you open another instance with lets say "firefox.exe https://www.os2world.com/forum/index.php?topic=3048.new#new" the currently running Firefox gets the URL and opens a new window or tab with the passed URL depending on settings. This can be bypassed with the -no-remote parameter.
With dooble, a whole new instance of dooble is started, using the same profile as well (doesn't seem to be a way to have multiple profiles) which might cause problems like when both instance write to the same file.
Anyways seems less then optimal and somewhat dangerous having this behaviour and makes it harder to open an URL from another program.

mauro

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 02, 2022, 07:06:31 am »
Hi All

this is also happening to my Dooble
« Last Edit: May 02, 2022, 10:06:32 am by mauro »