Author Topic: Test build of dooble with qt5  (Read 125474 times)

Igor

• View Profile
Re: Test build of dooble with qt5
« Reply #90 on: May 02, 2022, 03:03:34 pm »
Hi!

Please create an assembly QT5 without support of the ABX. Due to the presence of ABX, an error occurs and the browser falls into the trap.

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 02, 2022, 04:28:29 pm »
Hi!

Please create an assembly QT5 without support of the ABX. Due to the presence of ABX, an error occurs and the browser falls into the trap.

What do you mean by ABX?

OS4User

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 02, 2022, 04:44:45 pm »
Hi!

What do you mean by ABX?

I believe he meant AVX.

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 02, 2022, 04:57:22 pm »
In my attempts to build Qt5, I see it uses -mno-avx or such. Lots of subprojects, especially in qtwebengine and possibly one of those does enable AVX, especially as some use different build systems such as chromium using Ninja.
Need to see what code is using AVX and probably an issue raised at Bitwise's Github.

Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 02, 2022, 07:34:50 pm »
Hi All

I replaced libcx and libgcc packages (pulls in gcc-stdc++-shared-library, libgcc-fwd, libssp, libssp-fwd, libstc++) with P4 versions - they were i686 - and have had Dooble running for longer than 15 minutes at a time.

@mauro: You may want to check if the above helps.

Looking at the last log generated I see quite a few lines like this:-

js: A cookie associated with a cross-site resource at http://youtube.com/ was set without the `SameSite` attribute. A future release of Chrome will only deliver cookies with cross-site requests if they are set with `SameSite=None` and `Secure`. You can review cookies in developer tools under Application>Storage>Cookies and see more details at https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/5088147346030592 and https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/5633521622188032.
js: 'window.webkitStorageInfo' is deprecated. Please use 'navigator.webkitTemporaryStorage' or 'navigator.webkitPersistentStorage' instead.
js: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'postMessage' of undefined

Could the last line be responsible for Dooble closing?

Regards

Pete

Mark Szkolnicki

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 02, 2022, 08:28:54 pm »
Heh Pete!

Hows it going?

Hi All

I replaced libcx and libgcc packages (pulls in gcc-stdc++-shared-library, libgcc-fwd, libssp, libssp-fwd, libstc++) with P4 versions - they were i686 - and have had Dooble running for longer than 15 minutes at a time.

Looking at the last log generated I see quite a few lines like this:-

js: A cookie associated with a cross-site resource at http://youtube.com/ was set without the `SameSite` attribute. A future release of Chrome will only deliver cookies with cross-site requests if they are set with `SameSite=None` and `Secure`. You can review cookies in developer tools under Application>Storage>Cookies and see more details at https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/5088147346030592 and https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/5633521622188032.
js: 'window.webkitStorageInfo' is deprecated. Please use 'navigator.webkitTemporaryStorage' or 'navigator.webkitPersistentStorage' instead.
js: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'postMessage' of undefined

Could the last line be responsible for Dooble closing?

Regards

Pete

What version nos of libcx and libgcc were you running that exited?

Had dooble up and running as a test for over two hours now on both my AMD hexcore and AMD quadcore, ArcaOS 5.0.7.

libcx here is 0.7.2-1 and libgcc is 9.2.0-5 - cx is pentium4 while gcc is i686 on both.

Those are the current -rel versions, I believe.

Best!

M
Vincit Que Se Vincit - "He Who Conquers Self Succeeds"

Doug Bissett

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 02, 2022, 08:38:24 pm »

Some time ago, I spent some time, and updated all of the packages, that have Pentium4 versions. I was able to install Dooble, using ANPM from netlabs-rel, with no problems. It stays up for hours (at least 10 hours), and never crashes, unless I try to turn off the single processor setting.

There is definitely a large learning curve, and there are some serious problems:
Delete key
Insert key
Caps lock key
Can't open a local file
Can't drop a URL on it
Default fonts may not work, depending on which fonts it defaults to

I have tried DROID fonts and a couple of others (if you see "Nimbus", you need to change all of the defaults). None of them seem to do everything, although that may be caused by various web sites trying to use specific fonts.

Some discussion about properly using  authentication, and private windows, would probably be a welcome addition. The supplied documentation seems to assume that the user understands what they do, and how to use them.

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 02, 2022, 09:05:41 pm »
Hi Doug,
Private windows only work in the multi-processor state. The single-processor setting is a hack for debugging and not really supported.
Authentication seems to be there so you can password protect your profile or at least part of it. If you enable it, you always need it to access things like history and favourites. This is partially broken at least on my and Paul's builds (haven't tested the official one) as we're lacking an API to lock memory.
Try opening this file, ile:///@unixroot/usr/share/doc/dooble-2022.04.04/README-os2.txt or file:///usr/share/doc/dooble-2022.04.04/README-os2.txt.
Seems drive letters are currently broken. Not sure why @unixroot works as I tried some other environment variables like set D=d: and then @d. They failed.
Fonts are fine here, I have a lot installed.
The keys seem to be a term problem or similar. Should be easily fixable along with the drive letter thing, which does work under Windows I hear.
Edit: fix a typo

Wayne A. Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 02, 2022, 10:10:04 pm »
Hey guys,

I'm many have read posts of a build of dooble existing and is waiting on an rpm.

I couldn't understand why a zip wasn't being provided, so I spent a little bit of time this morning building it myself, the result is https://smedley.id.au/tmp/dooble-2022.04.04-os2-20220424.zip

Enjoy!

Cheers,

Paul

Thanks Paul for your work.

I just learned today about the availability of Dooble from the recent OS2 Voice newsletter.  Thus, I haven't done anything yet.

I have read the posts in this thread about RPM installation as well as the Zip file you kindly provided.  My question is:  Does the zip file allow selection of the volume for installation?  (My assumption is that RPM probably installs it to the Boot Volume.)

I ask since I have from the days of Warp 3 - and perhaps even PC DOS - had separate partitions for applications.  Thus my ArcaOS boot volume on this machine is relatively-small, being only about 6.5 Gb with 3.8 Gb free.  I know I could forge ahead and experiment - after first imaging ArcaOS with DFSee - but I thought advance information would save time and headaches.

TIA.

Doug Bissett

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 02, 2022, 10:58:30 pm »
Authentication seems to be there so you can password protect your profile or at least part of it. If you enable it, you always need it to access things like history and favourites

That doesn't seem to be entirely true. Favorites, at least, work better without authentication. If I do add authentication, all of it disappears, and I need to start over (always using authentication, or it doesn't show anything). I haven't tried a second authentication.

Try opening this file

I tried to copy that whole line, so I could quote it. It allowed me to copy a link (only one, not both), but not the whole line. Both links fail. That may have something to do with having \HOME on a different drive than \usr. I have wondered if kLIBC Path Remapper might do something useful, but I haven't tried that, yet.

Would you tell us which ones you are using with Dooble?

The keys seem to be a term problem or similar.

I don't think it is that simple. Delete works on my Lenovo ThinkPad L530. It doesn't work on any other machine, that I have tried. There is something different about the L530. DEL in Air Boot is supposed to power off the machine. It doesn't do that.

Oh yeah, add that the spell checker doesn't seem to work.

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 02, 2022, 11:31:49 pm »
Authentication seems to be there so you can password protect your profile or at least part of it. If you enable it, you always need it to access things like history and favourites

That doesn't seem to be entirely true. Favorites, at least, work better without authentication. If I do add authentication, all of it disappears, and I need to start over (always using authentication, or it doesn't show anything). I haven't tried a second authentication.

Yes that was what I meant but put poorly, as well as I only tested briefly.

Try opening this file

I tried to copy that whole line, so I could quote it. It allowed me to copy a link (only one, not both), but not the whole line. Both links fail. That may have something to do with having \HOME on a different drive than \usr. I have wondered if kLIBC Path Remapper might do something useful, but I haven't tried that, yet.

Try right clicking and doing copy link location, there was a typo that after I fixed it, the text didn't change though the link did.
Anyways the important thing is which drive dooble resides on, usually %UNIXROOT%, never did try with where my HOME is.

Would you tell us which ones you are using with Dooble?

See screenshot

The keys seem to be a term problem or similar.

I don't think it is that simple. Delete works on my Lenovo ThinkPad L530. It doesn't work on any other machine, that I have tried. There is something different about the L530. DEL in Air Boot is supposed to power off the machine. It doesn't do that.

Don't know, I see old *nix programs like Midnight Commander where you can train its keys. There seems some variability in key support.

Oh yeah, add that the spell checker doesn't seem to work.

Same here, even after choosing a language in settings.
It is a preview and considering there's been no porting yet, works surprisingly well.
Likely a lot of this stuff is in QT5's web engine and some in Dooble. Haven't been able to build QT5 yet, should look at dooble again.

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 03, 2022, 07:19:07 am »
One idea is too compare to the SimpleBrowser.
The SimpleBrowser did remember my login here, unlike Dooble. So it is Dooble with the cookie problem.
Opening a file acts the same, so a QT5Webengine problem.
Same with the delete key not working and caps lock going to the start of the line.

mauro

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 03, 2022, 08:59:44 am »

Hi Pete, yes I have already installed libcx and libgcc pentium4 at the latest version available, which was due to make at least Dooble running, lead there by error messages appearing before those installation. Also installed NSS and NSPR pentium4 at their latest version.
However, I understand that Dooble good running depends from many system elements, (dll packages above all), actually different on each machine.
Hope that at final phase of all testings, a guide will explain the complete set of software/configuration needed to make it work well. At that time I will use a new clean VM for starting over with it, meantime I keep trying to set my actual implementation best possible by following the dedicated threads here and asking sometimes.
Thank you much for now, I'm appreciating the effort for getting there.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2022, 09:01:54 am by mauro »

Andi B.

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 03, 2022, 09:54:46 am »
Hope that at final phase of all testings, a guide will explain the complete set of software/configuration needed to make it work well.

Here it was that easy as I could imagine it could be. yum install dooble -> installed only this one package. After that it worked. Other programs still work too. No problem with AOO, Seamonkey, Thunderbird, ... all works well. Probably cause I kept my system up to date before. And I had installed simple browser before.

mauro

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 03, 2022, 11:03:03 am »
Hope that at final phase of all testings, a guide will explain the complete set of software/configuration needed to make it work well.

Here it was that easy as I could imagine it could be. yum install dooble -> installed only this one package. After that it worked. Other programs still work too. No problem with AOO, Seamonkey, Thunderbird, ... all works well. Probably cause I kept my system up to date before. And I had installed simple browser before.

this is +/- the situation I'm having my Dooble installation test, on such vm had already simplebrowser working (for what "working" could mean, dealing with crashes sometimes and trapping on program exit). I've provided all updates/installation I understood should be done, always choosing pentium4 platform, the matter is that the system had initially most i686 packages and maybe now some i686 still there is producing such weirdness acting.  Furtermore, also ANPM software recently behaves unreliably, sometimes installation/upgrades go faulty with packages conflict advices a bit complicated to solve, while have had no problem to use ANPM for other software implementation before.  This is why my idea is that both Simplebrowser and Dooble deserve a very focused HowTo once the origin of their actual weakness -I see not being the only one having troubles- will be determined
« Last Edit: May 03, 2022, 11:07:45 am by mauro »