Author Topic: Test build of dooble with qt5  (Read 125438 times)

Andi B.

• View Profile
Re: Test build of dooble with qt5
« Reply #105 on: May 03, 2022, 11:38:40 am »
....deserve a very focused HowTo once the origin of their actual weakness -I see not being the only one having troubles- will be determined...
Guess this has to be done by people how actually have problems and a solution. Maybe a wiki page? People like me can't contribute much as it simply worked.

mauro

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 03, 2022, 12:53:18 pm »
....deserve a very focused HowTo once the origin of their actual weakness -I see not being the only one having troubles- will be determined...
Guess this has to be done by people how actually have problems and a solution. Maybe a wiki page? People like me can't contribute much as it simply worked.

agree, wasn't referring to you   :)

Doug Bissett

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 03, 2022, 06:33:39 pm »

Well, most of it works very well. Small annoyances can be easily worked around, pending a proper fix (and those will not need to be documented, once they are fixed). The biggest challenge is to learn how to use Dooble. It is somewhat different than old browsers that we have had. I did install a windows version, and it seems to be much the same (without the bugs).

I have installed to a number of machines now. Some were not completely updated to Pentium4 before installing (they were kept up to date, using ANPM, but not changed to Pentium4), and Dooble works fine. The best install experience was after I installed the DejaVu fonts (from HOBBES). Dooble picked them up automatically.

For those of you who don't want to use ANPM (RPM/YUM), give your head a shake, and learn to use it. If you keep things up to date, you usually don't have problems (it is far from perfect, but YUM is a very complex program, and ANPM makes it a lot easier). Trying to do all of that manually will be a lifetime project, and you will probably miss things (it is a lot more than just DLLs).

Wayne A. Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 04, 2022, 02:01:23 am »

Well, most of it works very well. Small annoyances can be easily worked around, pending a proper fix (and those will not need to be documented, once they are fixed). The biggest challenge is to learn how to use Dooble. It is somewhat different than old browsers that we have had. I did install a windows version, and it seems to be much the same (without the bugs).

I have installed to a number of machines now. Some were not completely updated to Pentium4 before installing (they were kept up to date, using ANPM, but not changed to Pentium4), and Dooble works fine. The best install experience was after I installed the DejaVu fonts (from HOBBES). Dooble picked them up automatically.

For those of you who don't want to use ANPM (RPM/YUM), give your head a shake, and learn to use it. If you keep things up to date, you usually don't have problems (it is far from perfect, but YUM is a very complex program, and ANPM makes it a lot easier). Trying to do all of that manually will be a lifetime project, and you will probably miss things (it is a lot more than just DLLs).

I agree that "most of it works very well".  While using ANPM to install it gave the usual warning of dependencies installation, there didn't appear to be any installed.  However, since I used it to Update All last night, perhaps this was the reason.

The only trouble I had was when I tried to download an ODT documentation file from GitHub.  (Like you, I wanted to find out how to use it, since the settings (or Preferences) menu is a bit opaque.)  First the page didn't display all the apparent text; however since I forgot the recommendation about Fonts, this could have been the problem.  Then clicking on the ODT file didn't result in a download; right clicking on it so as to save the link didn't work either since Dooble then froze and required me to kill the process; though the Save window remained open after the killing, clicking on OK didn't save it, as apparently the killing of Dooble prevented it.  I finally booted the Linux volume to access <https://github.com/textbrowser/dooble/tree/master/Documentation> to download it.

Still, it, even in the Preview stage, is a clear improvement over FF 45.

Neil Waldhauer

• View Profile
    • Blonde Guy
« Reply #109 on: May 04, 2022, 03:13:55 am »
https://github.com/textbrowser/dooble/tree/master/Documentation

Dooble.odt downloads just fine in Firefox.
Expert consulting for ArcaOS, OS/2 and eComStation
http://www.blondeguy.com

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 04, 2022, 05:29:06 am »
https://github.com/textbrowser/dooble/tree/master/Documentation

Dooble.odt downloads just fine in Firefox.

Downloads fine in Dooble as well by right clicking and choosing "Save Link". The address bar shows it downloaded to f:/Home/dave/Desktop with f:/Home/dave being where %HOME% points.
Still used to Mozilla giving choices and being much more customizable.

Edit, when you click the ODT file, Github does have a link for Download which works as well.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2022, 05:32:48 am by Dave Yeo »

Remy

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 04, 2022, 10:53:55 am »
How to do to have it running without crash ?
Very awfull compared to firefox which works far more better than this one but too limited due to new codes uses by many web sites
(I do not use virtual machine)

When will the official working browser be available ?   
I'm tied to switch between ArcaOS and windows many times per day.     

As well Thunderbird is out of use at end of this month for gmail account due to missing secured authorization process (except using application password but not sure it will accept it) , any new one ?

Why was this dooble browser put into normal repository ?
(it should be left into the experimental repository until it is fully tested and not crashing)

::) :-\
« Last Edit: May 04, 2022, 10:55:56 am by Remy »

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 04, 2022, 11:23:04 am »
Hey Remy,

(it should be left into the experimental repository until it is fully tested and not crashing)

The *only* possible reason (IMHO) is to increase the availability and make it easier to install.

Cheers,

Paul

Silvan Scherrer

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 04, 2022, 12:09:59 pm »
Very awfull compared to firefox which works far more better than this one but too limited due to new codes uses by many web sites

As well Thunderbird is out of use at end of this month for gmail account due to missing secured authorization process (except using application password but not sure it will accept it) , any new one ?

did you open a issue at github with the trp file? as without it we can't help. sorry
kind regards
Silvan
CTO bww bitwise works GmbH

Please help us with donations, so we can further work on OS/2 based projects. Our Shop is at https://www.bitwiseworks.com/shop/index.php

Remy

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 04, 2022, 12:31:09 pm »

did you open a issue at github with the trp file? as without it we can't help. sorry

Some are testing it under unsupported OS release (ex: ArcaOs 5.0.1)
I'm using latest ArcaOs release

Where is the trap file located ?
nothing into popuplog.os2

I did a try using line cmd foud into this thrtead.
Here is what I have

sh -c dooble.exe
js: Uncaught ReferenceError: rssReader is not defined
or other...

Well as soon an uncaught reference is found, it crashes...
This should never happen, browser should ignore and not crash.

I did a test using same link with minimum information into it, new page isn't loaded and it always reloads from local browser cache ?
It should reload new page not reload older page !
« Last Edit: May 04, 2022, 02:43:46 pm by Remy »

Remy

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 04, 2022, 02:50:04 pm »
I could clean cache and try again after removing source providing previous message.
It open and immediatly near end of load page crash ....

sh -c dooble.exe
no error message but Dooble crashes

Where is the trap file ?
None found ! Thanks 

Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 04, 2022, 03:21:22 pm »
Hi Silvan

When Dooble simply closes - as experienced by mauro, Remy and myself - no trp files are generated.

If Dooble is started from the command line using
dooble.exe 2>&1 | tee dooble.log
A log does get generated but no trap file.

I have several dooble log files that show  js errors as the last line eg:-

js: A cookie associated with a cross-site resource at http://youtube.com/ was set without the `SameSite` attribute. A future release of Chrome will only deliver cookies with cross-site requests if they are set with `SameSite=None` and `Secure`. You can review cookies in developer tools under Application>Storage>Cookies and see more details at https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/5088147346030592 and https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/5633521622188032.
js: 'window.webkitStorageInfo' is deprecated. Please use 'navigator.webkitTemporaryStorage' or 'navigator.webkitPersistentStorage' instead.
js: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'postMessage' of undefined

I may have been trying to watch or pause a video here:-

This plugin does not support setParent!
js: The disableRemotePlayback attribute should be used in order to disable the default Cast integration instead of using -internal-media-controls-overlay-cast-button selector. See https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/5714245488476160 for more details.
js: The disableRemotePlayback attribute should be used in order to disable the default Cast integration instead of using -internal-media-controls-overlay-cast-button selector. See https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/5714245488476160 for more details.
URL scheme handler already installed for the scheme: gopher
js: A cookie associated with a cross-site resource at https://www.google.com/ was set without the `SameSite` attribute. A future release of Chrome will only deliver cookies with cross-site requests if they are set with `SameSite=None` and `Secure`. You can review cookies in developer tools under Application>Storage>Cookies and see more details at https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/5088147346030592 and https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/5633521622188032.
js: <link rel=preload> must have a valid `as` value

Possibly of interest: When a trap file is generated it has this filename format 62667a10-0055_1e-DOOBLE-exceptq.txt so people should not search for *.trp files in relation to dooble but should search for *DOOBLE-exceptq.txt

Regards

Pete

« Last Edit: May 04, 2022, 03:23:20 pm by Pete »

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 04, 2022, 04:14:13 pm »
I could clean cache and try again after removing source providing previous message.

sh -c dooble.exe

Where is the trap file ?
None found ! Thanks

trp files are now on your boot drive in \var\log\apps.
As for your problems, besides logging the output, I guess other possibilities are a package that needs updating or possibly changed from i686 to Pentium 4, or running out of memory. Have you marked as much as possible to load high? I posted a script earlier in this thread. Is VIRTUALADDRESSLIMIT high enough? could be another problem.
Guess there could be a font or codepage problem too though doubtful.

Remy

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 04, 2022, 05:17:14 pm »

sh -c dooble.exe

Where is the trap file ?
None found ! Thanks

trp files are now on your boot drive in \var\log\apps.
As for your problems, besides logging the output, I guess other possibilities are a package that needs updating or possibly changed from i686 to Pentium 4, or running out of memory. Have you marked as much as possible to load high? I posted a script earlier in this thread. Is VIRTUALADDRESSLIMIT high enough? could be another problem.
Guess there could be a font or codepage problem too though doubtful.

All package where installed during 5.0.7 upgrade and currently at normal repository latest level
(mixed pentium4 or i686)

There is no \var\log\apps  but  \var\log\app  and no trap files available for Dooble   (some are for thunderbird of firefox ...)
Yes VIRTUALADDRESSLIMIT is high enough  ( 2816 )

I run your script but why have you included :
├ Cannot find such files: swresa1.dll
├ Cannot find such files: swscal3.dll

├ Cannot find such files: libvpx4.dll
├ Cannot find such files: libvpx2.dll

These are old modules.
My system has
> libvpx6.dll
> swresa3.dll
> swscal5.dll

Always scrashes and not trap file ( no *.trp nor *dooble* )
Regards
« Last Edit: May 04, 2022, 09:25:57 pm by Remy »

Doug Bissett

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 04, 2022, 07:54:34 pm »
I run your script but why have you included :
├ Cannot find such files: swresa1.dll
├ Cannot find such files: swscal3.dll

I had these two, on one system. Apparently the package doesn't call for the ffmpeg-legacy-56 package, and it needs it.

├ Cannot find such files: libvpx4.dll
├ Cannot find such files: libvpx2.dll

These two probably need one, or more, of the libvpx-legacy packages.