Author Topic: Test build of dooble with qt5  (Read 125432 times)

Neil Waldhauer

• View Profile
    • Blonde Guy
Re: Test build of dooble with qt5
« Reply #120 on: May 04, 2022, 08:44:30 pm »
I tried to use PayPal, and dooble crashes when it accepts a cookie. I authenticated, and it takes a cookie, but it crashes as soon as I try to make an invoice.

Firefox 45 used to work a few weeks ago, but it stopped working. It's encouraging to have the new webengine, but it's not what I would recommend as a good browsing experience.

My bank simply won't take dooble for login, but says, not very helpfully, that an error occurred.

I'm looking forward to improvements. (Edit: when I reopen the browser and try again, PayPal is working fairly well.)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2022, 09:08:56 pm by Neil Waldhauer »
Expert consulting for ArcaOS, OS/2 and eComStation
http://www.blondeguy.com

Doug Bissett

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 04, 2022, 09:03:49 pm »
My bank simply won't take dooble for login, but says, not very helpfully, that an error occurred.

One of my banks does that (wouldn't want to help the bad guys get logged in, would you?). My other bank quit working with Firefox 45, and seems to be good, with Dooble.

Fixing banks is probably as easy as fixing government logins. They support a few of the more famous spyware browsers, but not something that they don't bother to to look for.

t's not what I would recommend as a good browsing experience.

I think the jury is still out, on that one. Part of the problem, for me, is that I cannot import bookmarks, and the Favorites things is somewhat foreign to my way of working. It is mostly a learning curve, but some pretty serious failures have been identified, and they need to be fixed.

Remy

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 04, 2022, 09:33:59 pm »
Does Dooble accept:

Access-Control-Allow-Origin
    Access-Control-Allow-Methods
    Access-Control-Max-Age
    Access-Control-Allow-Headers

?

Wayne A. Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 04, 2022, 11:36:24 pm »
https://github.com/textbrowser/dooble/tree/master/Documentation

Dooble.odt downloads just fine in Firefox.

Downloads fine in Dooble as well by right clicking and choosing "Save Link". The address bar shows it downloaded to f:/Home/dave/Desktop with f:/Home/dave being where %HOME% points.
Still used to Mozilla giving choices and being much more customizable.

Edit, when you click the ODT file, Github does have a link for Download which works as well.
To Neil and Dave,

I tried it again just now and I agree it works.  But, during the interim, I followed Neil's suggestion and installed the DejaVu fonts.  Perhaps this was the difference; it certainly allowed displaying the text this time.

I however also during the interim checked Credentials under Privacy and perhaps this also was required; what it does exactly is not that clear so I ignored it previously.  (Though I entered a Password under Credentials, the field is now blank; perhaps it is stored in one of the *.db files.  I'll worry about that later.)

As far as Downloads location, if one clicks on the Download error it provides an option of the partition and directory to which one wants downloads placed.  The <dooble.odt> file downloaded to my directory of choice.

Finally, on the issue in some of the other posts, I tried making a payment on one of my Capital One cards.  Accessing my account and making the payment worked fine.  I couldn't access my account w/ my bank but that well could have been due to the Password in my password vault (Account Manager) being an old one.  (Darn banks that require periodic changing of passwords.)  I'll access the stored information on my Win 7 platform and probably try that tommorrow.

Wayne A. Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 04, 2022, 11:49:49 pm »
I tried to use PayPal, and dooble crashes when it accepts a cookie. I authenticated, and it takes a cookie, but it crashes as soon as I try to make an invoice.

Since I was logged in here I thought I would experiment w/ another site.  PayPal opened fine and only asked me for the Captcha authentication.  Though I was able to access my account w/out any problem, I had no transactions in which to engage so can't reproduce Neil's crash problem.  It did have the cookie acceptance banner on the bottom of the page for a mobile number verification, and I did accept it but experienced no crash.

Wayne A. Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 04, 2022, 11:59:34 pm »

Some are testing it under unsupported OS release (ex: ArcaOs 5.0.1)
I'm using latest ArcaOs release

Perhaps, but I'm using it under 5.0.2 and Dooble seems to be working acceptably.  I do though use ANPM regularly to Update everything.

Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 05, 2022, 12:43:42 am »

I had no problem logging in with Dooble on PayPal.com, even when I acknowledged their request for permission to store cookies.

Later I placed an online order and paid for it using PayPal - again without any problem.

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 05, 2022, 01:37:32 am »

I run your script but why have you included :
├ Cannot find such files: swresa1.dll
├ Cannot find such files: swscal3.dll

├ Cannot find such files: libvpx4.dll
├ Cannot find such files: libvpx2.dll

These are old modules.
My system has
> libvpx6.dll
> swresa3.dll
> swscal5.dll

Always scrashes and not trap file ( no *.trp nor *dooble* )
Regards

I wasn't expecting to distribute the script and was just going through the DLL's that might need marking and also thinking about any that Mozilla uses. I should fix.

Wayne A. Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 05, 2022, 11:56:18 pm »
We should also possibly investigate a couple of other issues as a result of problems I encountered, viz:
1.  Though not "earth shaking" the URL field seems a bit "cranky".  When I type in just <os2world.com>, it generates a can't connect command; when I added "s" to "http" and "www" before <os2world.com> then it opened.  FF 45.9.0 doesn't require this.
2.  Including an attachment to a reply in this forum, at least in my case, seemed a real chore.  The process on clicking on different partitions, and then directories in a given partition, first was very slow and then on at least one occasion froze the entire OS; even the mouse cursor was frozen.  (I experienced this when composing a new topic on an AOO problem, and was foreced to use FF and it processed the message and attachments OK.)  A hard boot was required.
3.  The Search Engines feature wholly escapes me.  The URL field, except for the above problem, works OK, but it apparently doesn't double as a search engine.  Does anybody know if now, or in the future, it will be available?

Wayne A. Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 06, 2022, 12:25:19 am »
We should also possibly investigate a couple of other issues as a result of problems I encountered, viz:
1.  Though not "earth shaking" the URL field seems a bit "cranky".  When I type in just <os2world.com>, it generates a can't connect command; when I added "s" to "http" and "www" before <os2world.com> then it opened.  FF 45.9.0 doesn't require this.
OK, the above complaint can be ignored it seems.  I tested a couple other sites w/ Dooble, including my own, that are HTTPS sites and they opened only w/ the top level domain entered.  It seems just that the host for <os2world.com> hasn't provided for redirection from HTTP to HTTPS.

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 06, 2022, 12:56:01 am »
Hi Wayne.
#1, Dooble just doesn't have as good auto-complete as the Mozilla apps. In Firefox etc, enter os2world and it will try os2world.com, www.os2world.com with http and https. Not sure if a lack in Dooble or the QT5 webengine
#2, Currently the QT5 Webengine is broken when it comes to drive letters, likely needs the Windows code ported. Without a drive letter you can select a file on the drive that Dooble is installed on.
Further more, in my testing, uploading seems to be broken. Probably a QT5 Webengine problem.
#3, You have to enable search engines by going to Tools-->Search Engines... check the search engines you want to use and click the Add Checked button so they show up in the lower pane of the Dooble:Search Engines window.
Unluckily searching from the URL bar is not implemented. What you can do is highlight some text, right click, and at the bottom of the context menu, choose Search Selected Text and then your search engine.
Otherwise create a favourite with your search engine and use that.
Dooble itself is much simpler then Firefox etc, and this is a preview version and actually works amazing well with little porting. Unluckily due to war, and funding, work on fixing these issues might not happen very quick and it is unlikely to ever have the features that Firefox has.

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 06, 2022, 01:37:02 am »
Seems that Dooble can import a list of blocked domains, see the video at this issue, https://github.com/textbrowser/dooble/issues/68

Edit: successfully attached a file with Dooble

ivan

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 06, 2022, 11:26:37 am »
Hi Dave,

Are you saying that Dooble doesn't have/use a version od NoScript?  If that is true it makes it just about useless.

Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 06, 2022, 02:37:39 pm »
Hi ivan

No, there is not a version of NoScript- but Daves "block list" posted above and only recently imported into Dooble here certainly helps block adverts on the few sites I have tried so far some of which are almost hidden by adverts otherwise.

Now, if I can get Dooble to run for longer than around 30 minutes - logs show js errors as last entries, maybe using the "block list" will reduce those errors. Will have to test...

Regards

Pete

ivan

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 06, 2022, 03:33:08 pm »
Hi Pete,

The big problem is that a blocklist file is static whereas NoScript is dynamic - block or unblock on the fly, sometimes needed to be able to see what is on the site I get to because some of those sites are dynamic as well trying to get some of the junk past static filters.