Author Topic: Test build of dooble with qt5  (Read 125434 times)

Remy

• View Profile
Re: Test build of dooble with qt5
« Reply #150 on: May 11, 2022, 07:44:30 pm »
Hi Remy,

It is very strange! I watched your video so I see what you mean. The only thing I have seen here anything like that is when I tried to open a private window ('Settings'->'New Private Window') - Dooble immediately closed with no trap file. Are you trying to run in 'Private' mode? Maybe this is a bug (although I reported this and was told it is not supported in '--single-process' mode and Dooble closed on purpose).

At this point we can only experiment - one thing I would try is removing or renaming the C:\Home\.dooble directory. There may be something corrupted in one of the settings files that would be fixed with a new one (created on first start). Of course any settings you may have made will be re-set, so be aware of that.

Also, strange there is no trap file (unless not really a trap) - are you certain 'exceptq' is properly installed? Try re-installing just in case. Also, look for old versions of exceptq.dll and distorm.dll (the 2 DLL's installed by the exceptq rpm) elsewhere on your system that may interfere.

If you upload a copy of 'testlog -c generic' I could compare that to mine and see if there are any obvious differences in installed packages that might give a clue if nothing else works.

Overall, I am very happy with Dooble - yes it has issues, but compared to Firefox issues, they are minor (for me anyway - I can use my Bank again!). I am able to once again navigate the Internet without having to resort to Windows or Linux...

Regards,

Hi David,

I sent you a PM with link to my testlog file
I first tried your suggestions but didn't work better nor trap files
I then tried Pete suggestions and again, it didn't work better' and no trap files

Regards
Rémy

ANPM library level before I upgraded to pentium4 some of them as suggested by Pete

Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 11, 2022, 08:26:19 pm »
Hi Remy

Might be worth checking the following are installed, replace any i686 versions with P4 versions

libxslt  - 1.132-1 P4
libxml2  - 2.9.10-3 P4
libssp  - 9.2.0-5 P4
libstdc++  - 9.2.0-5 P4
libc  - 0.1.10-1 P4
libgcc  - 9.2.0-5 P4
libgcc-fwd  - 9.2.0-5 P4
libicu  - 68.1-1 P4

Other than that I am out of ideas...

Regards

Pete

roberto

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 11, 2022, 08:35:34 pm »
Hi Remy
I have some immediate and persistent closures with dooble, when I select File-Print preview. In the rest it is quite good with some sporadic closure.
Good luck and greetings

Andreas Schnellbacher

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 11, 2022, 09:26:17 pm »
Might be worth checking the following are installed, replace any i686 versions with P4 versions
Silvan told us that it would be useless to change all package to pentium4. That won't be an update. I don't know if that affects the packages you've listed.

Remy

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 12, 2022, 12:53:07 am »
Hi Remy

libxslt  - 1.132-1 P4
libxml2  - 2.9.10-3 P4
libssp  - 9.2.0-5 P4
libstdc++  - 9.2.0-5 P4
libc  - 0.1.10-1 P4
libgcc  - 9.2.0-5 P4
libgcc-fwd  - 9.2.0-5 P4
libicu  - 68.1-1 P4

Other than that I am out of ideas...

Regards

Pete

Hi,

I did it but got same problem.
One interesting thing is that I had backlevel on libicu due to problem using 68.1-1 i686 to allow Ooffice to work but using the latest with P4 allow Ooffice to work too while it crashes when in i686...

Regards
Rémy

More news :

I progressed...
The problem seems to be into Dooble code or some part of its code due to timing issue or something else

I just did a test removing a small php code creating rssfeed display using ArcaNoae rssfeed link.
The page loaded without crahs !
I then loaded the rssfeed part code only
(rssfeeds entries displaied correctly)

Then, while the code is memory loaded, I tried to open the page which always crashes and this time, it opens without crash !
- interesting -

From these tests, I see that loading the original webpage with all code always crashes...

While opening a page without the rssfeed display code and then open the rssfeed display code only
and finally opening the original page will full code opens without a crash....

(The change is that all code is memory loaded - cache - in the second time and faster while when it crashes, the load of the rssfeed is longer and happens after the page is loaded....). Hope this could help resolving this issue which I hope could resolve other site having same kind of problems...

Regards
Rémy

note: The php code creates html entries from the input rssfeed
(I can forward the used code if need to identify whats going wrong into dooble)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2022, 12:57:43 am by Remy »

Remy

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 12, 2022, 01:06:17 am »
Hi Remy
I have some immediate and persistent closures with dooble, when I select File-Print preview. In the rest it is quite good with some sporadic closure.
Good luck and greetings

Hi Roberto,

I just did a test using File-Print preview after I could open my web page using the separated load like I explain allowing me to have Dooble not crashing...
The File-Print preview crashes with a trap file ! (interesting)

Exception C000009F - Breakpoint

Process:  W:\USR\BIN\DOOBLE.EXE (04/24/2022 21:32:12 1,442,569)
 PID:      5F (95)
 TID:      0C (12)
 Priority: 200

Filename: W:\USR\LIB\QT5WEBC.DLL (09/25/2021 19:47:11 92,191,016)
 Address:  005B:9E821EA1 (0001:03321EA1)

Failing Instruction

9E821E95  ADD   ESP, 0x1c       (83c4 1c)
 9E821E98  RET                   (c3)
 9E821E99  LEA   ESI, [ESI+0x0]  (8db426 00000000)
 9E821EA0  INT 3                 (cc)
 9E821EA1 >UD2                   (0f0b)
 9E821EA3  PUSH  0x2             (6a 02)
 9E821EA5  LEA   ESI, [ESI+0x0]  (8db426 00000000)
 9E821EAC  LEA   ESI, [ESI+0x0]  (8d7426 00)

Registers

EAX : FFFFFFFF   EBX  : 22C00000   ECX : 22C00000   EDX  : AE965E00
 ESI : 13641544   EDI  : 00000000
 ESP : 065EF7B0   EBP  : 22C04000   EIP : 9E821EA1   EFLG : 00000286
 CS  : 005B       CSLIM: FFFFFFFF   SS  : 0053       SSLIM: FFFFFFFF

EAX : not a valid address
 EBX : uncommitted memory allocated by LIBCX0
 ECX : uncommitted memory allocated by LIBCX0
 EDX : read/write memory allocated by LIBCX0
 ESI : read/write memory at 0002:00071544 in QT5WEBC
 EDI : not a valid address

Stack Info for Thread 0C

Size       Base        ESP         Max         Top
 00080000   065F0000 -> 065EF7B0 -> 065ED000 -> 06570000

Call Stack

EBP     Address    Module     Obj:Offset    Nearest Public Symbol
 --------  ---------  --------  -------------  -----------------------
 Trap  ->  9E821EA1   QT5WEBC   0001:03321EA1   __ZN6pdfium4base28SetSystemPagesAccessInternalEPvjNS0_30PageAccessibilityConfigurationE + 41 0001:03321E60 (page_allocator.o)

Lost Stack chain - invalid EBP 22C04000

Trap file available

« Last Edit: May 12, 2022, 01:10:25 am by Remy »

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 12, 2022, 02:11:09 am »
Hi Doug,
Not using authentication. Testing it earlier showed the best thing was to authenticate right after opening the browser. All it does is encrypt part of your profile.
There are a bunch of command line options for the webengine, linked from the documentation, which IIRC includes an option for different profiles. Simpler might be to change %HOME%, either with a script or using the program properties, could have a couple of program objects.

Hi Remy, the print preview and printing are known issues.
The timing thing sounds like worth opening an issue for, especially if you can reduce it to a small testcase.

Most of my packages are still i686 and Dooble is stable here.

David McKenna

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 12, 2022, 12:29:13 pm »
 Hi Remy,

I looked at yout testlog file, but didn't see anything unusual there in comparison to mine. Maybe the php code you mention is the trigger of the issue? If you can describe how to use it, I'd be glad to try it out just to confirm it is if you want...

Regards,

Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 13, 2022, 09:00:53 pm »
Hi All

Having just had to login again the earlier tip by Dave Yeo about setting cookie policy to Save All does not seem to cure this problem.
Any other ideas?

Regards

Pete

David McKenna

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 13, 2022, 10:25:00 pm »
 Hi Pete,

My understanding is thet Dooble does not support saving passwords, see:

https://github.com/textbrowser/dooble/issues/102

It could be added, just not by that guy. I personally kinda like that it doesn't because OS/2 does not have a logon to the desktop, so anyone can turn on your computer and use (and even see with SeaMonkey) your passwords. It is very convenient though, but I'm getting more and more security conscious in my old age (due to harsh experience)...

Regards,

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 14, 2022, 01:49:59 am »
It's weird, just had to log in for this page, double checked the settings , closed Dooble and restarted, loaded this page from history and I was logged in.
One of the ideas of Dooble is privacy, which does include blocking most cookies. Perhaps in this case their is a time out or it is simply a bug. Other sites do work to keep me logged in. Different cookie policies I guess.
Once Martin feels up to it, we might be able to get him to change the OS2World cookie defaults.
See the spell checker still doesn't work either.

Remy

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 14, 2022, 01:20:29 pm »
Hi Remy,

I looked at yout testlog file, but didn't see anything unusual there in comparison to mine. Maybe the php code you mention is the trigger of the issue? If you can describe how to use it, I'd be glad to try it out just to confirm it is if you want...

Regards,

Hi David,

Since I could bypass the crash (close) of Dooble, I tried to go backward, deleted .dooble path, uninstalled/install dooble (like I did previously) but this wasn't enough to go into this bug again !  (Hum, not Dooble and may QT5 issue !)
Next, I'm going to uninstall/install QT5 + dooble and check what happens then...

Remy

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 16, 2022, 09:44:23 pm »
I uninstalled / installed QT5w* as well dooble with .dooble delete to have initial state ....
And since I could bypass the close/crash state (removing a remote rssfeed load from main home page and loading this feed as a single page), I'm no more able to reproduce it !
Surprizing. what could have changed since I did the "bypass" action ? Is anything stored and where ?  :-\ ::)

David McKenna

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 17, 2022, 01:21:53 am »
 Hi Remy,

Well, at least it works now! Not sure why, but if you uninstalled, then re-installed QT5, I can only guess that there may have been corruption in some configuration file somewhere from the first install. Enjoy!

Regards,

Remy

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 17, 2022, 10:03:51 pm »
Hi Remy,

Well, at least it works now! Not sure why, but if you uninstalled, then re-installed QT5, I can only guess that there may have been corruption in some configuration file somewhere from the first install. Enjoy!

Regards,

Hi David,

I uninstalled, then re-installed QT5 to try to create again the problem again.
No need to uninstall / install QT5 to have it working, As I wrote, Since I could bypass the crash removing the php rssfeed part of the web page, and then only load this php code alone resolved the problem and since this time, I'm able to load the full page !!
This is why I'm searching what could be saved and where to no more go into the bug...
Having an unresolved issue is not good and may happen again or produce other type or issue in the futur...