OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Applications

anpm - yum permission denied ?

(1/3) > >>

mauro:
Sorry, How can I fix this ? (see error message image).
First time it happens, cannot update LIBC p4
Tks

Doug Bissett:

--- Quote from: mauro on April 27, 2022, 09:24:41 pm ---Sorry, How can I fix this ? (see error message image).
Tks

--- End quote ---

The server may be overloaded, or there may be some other problem.  Wait for a while, and try again.

Tom:

--- Quote from: mauro on April 27, 2022, 09:24:41 pm ---Sorry, How can I fix this ? (see error message image).
Tks

--- End quote ---

One possible reason could be, that this package is currently already opened by another program. Close all possible other programs, and then retry.

Dave Yeo:
I have had similar, worked around by manually unlocking. Simplest is to go to \var\cache\yum\netlabs.exp\packages and do a "unlock *" without the quotes.

Mark Szkolnicki:
Heh Gentlemen!

--- Quote from: Dave Yeo on April 28, 2022, 01:07:59 am ---I have had similar, worked around by manually unlocking. Simplest is to go to \var\cache\yum\netlabs.exp\packages and do a "unlock *" without the quotes.

--- End quote ---

I ran across something which may be similar to Mauro's question or not, but it seemed like a good time and place to ask.

When I was attempting to install the new version of ClipGrab (3.9.7), it required Python 3 to be installed, I found success installing the additional python-devel 2.7.6-25 from ANPM, which actually installed the necessary Python 3 files in addition to more of the Python 2.7.6-25 files, to the existing installation. After that, Clipgrab 2.9.7 ran perfectly if other necessary dependencies like the necessary specific QT5 packages were also installed.

However trying to do that with ANPM on another partition, which also had Python 2.7.6-25 level files, I got the following (window attached below):

Yum returned an error:

yum-metadate-parser-1.1.4-7.c00.i686  requires Python27.dll

Checking the current Python27.dll on the second partition I wanted to install Python 3 to, it is the 2020/05/16 version - size 1018619. The successfully installed partition had a Python27.dll dated 2021/12/27 size 927084, but that may have been installed there during the Python-devel package install.

Anyone run into this one before?

M

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version