Author Topic: anpm - yum permission denied ?  (Read 6226 times)

mauro

• View Profile
anpm - yum permission denied ?
« on: April 27, 2022, 09:24:41 pm »
Sorry, How can I fix this ? (see error message image).
First time it happens, cannot update LIBC p4
Tks

Doug Bissett

• View Profile
Re: anpm - yum permission denied ?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2022, 10:18:40 pm »
Tks

The server may be overloaded, or there may be some other problem.  Wait for a while, and try again.

Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2022, 11:16:25 pm »
Tks

One possible reason could be, that this package is currently already opened by another program. Close all possible other programs, and then retry.

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2022, 01:07:59 am »
I have had similar, worked around by manually unlocking. Simplest is to go to \var\cache\yum\netlabs.exp\packages and do a "unlock *" without the quotes.

Mark Szkolnicki

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2022, 10:50:59 pm »
Heh Gentlemen!

I have had similar, worked around by manually unlocking. Simplest is to go to \var\cache\yum\netlabs.exp\packages and do a "unlock *" without the quotes.

I ran across something which may be similar to Mauro's question or not, but it seemed like a good time and place to ask.

When I was attempting to install the new version of ClipGrab (3.9.7), it required Python 3 to be installed, I found success installing the additional python-devel 2.7.6-25 from ANPM, which actually installed the necessary Python 3 files in addition to more of the Python 2.7.6-25 files, to the existing installation. After that, Clipgrab 2.9.7 ran perfectly if other necessary dependencies like the necessary specific QT5 packages were also installed.

However trying to do that with ANPM on another partition, which also had Python 2.7.6-25 level files, I got the following (window attached below):

Yum returned an error:

yum-metadate-parser-1.1.4-7.c00.i686  requires Python27.dll

Checking the current Python27.dll on the second partition I wanted to install Python 3 to, it is the 2020/05/16 version - size 1018619. The successfully installed partition had a Python27.dll dated 2021/12/27 size 927084, but that may have been installed there during the Python-devel package install.

Anyone run into this one before?

M
Vincit Que Se Vincit - "He Who Conquers Self Succeeds"

Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2022, 11:15:43 pm »
Mark,

Is the architecture (i686 vs. pentium4) on both partitions the same? The error message from the yum-metadata-parser says that package is for i686.

Heh Gentlemen!

I ran across something which may be similar to Mauro's question or not, but it seemed like a good time and place to ask.

When I was attempting to install the new version of ClipGrab (3.9.7), it required Python 3 to be installed, I found success installing the additional python-devel 2.7.6-25 from ANPM, which actually installed the necessary Python 3 files in addition to more of the Python 2.7.6-25 files, to the existing installation. After that, Clipgrab 2.9.7 ran perfectly if other necessary dependencies like the necessary specific QT5 packages were also installed.

However trying to do that with ANPM on another partition, which also had Python 2.7.6-25 level files, I got the following (window attached below):

Yum returned an error:

yum-metadate-parser-1.1.4-7.c00.i686  requires Python27.dll

Checking the current Python27.dll on the second partition I wanted to install Python 3 to, it is the 2020/05/16 version - size 1018619. The successfully installed partition had a Python27.dll dated 2021/12/27 size 927084, but that may have been installed there during the Python-devel package install.

Anyone run into this one before?

M

Mark Szkolnicki

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2022, 11:24:42 pm »
Hi Tom!

Mark,

Is the architecture (i686 vs. pentium4) on both partitions the same? The error message from the yum-metadata-parser says that package is for i686.

As the partition in question is on the same system (it is Partition D as opposed to Partition F) the answer is Yes.

I have a number of systems with two partitions containing the same operating system, for various reasons - same ArcaOS version (5.0.7) and same level of files installed through ANPM. I have enabled Netlabs experimental repositiories for access to various files for equipment and programs I am testing.

Best to you Sir!

M
« Last Edit: April 28, 2022, 11:33:40 pm by Mark Szkolnicki »

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2022, 01:07:57 am »
IIRC, you have to update Python 2 libs from netlabs-exp before updating Python 3. Probably the Python-devel updated the libs for you

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2022, 01:31:12 am »
OK, this was the instructions when we were testing ANPM and Python 3,
0. Ensure the netlabs-exp repository is disabled.
1. Install python-libs-2.7.6-25 (if not already installed).
2. Enable the netlabs-exp repository.
3. Install Python3.

Mark Szkolnicki

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2022, 06:00:40 pm »
Morning Dave

OK, this was the instructions when we were testing ANPM and Python 3,
0. Ensure the netlabs-exp repository is disabled.
1. Install python-libs-2.7.6-25 (if not already installed).
2. Enable the netlabs-exp repository.
3. Install Python3.

Yup that did it - I should document that and send it to Martin - I think its useful information to have around - I did a guide to installing ClipGrab v3.9.7 which I haven't posted yet - will update that as well!

A fine weekend to you Sir! Had a snow / rain mix on Monday here, but finally seeing on-going double digit highs - hoping we've seen the last of winter. Knowing you guys, your probably blooming in BC right now!

M

Mark Szkolnicki

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2022, 06:48:01 pm »
Tks

One possible reason could be, that this package is currently already opened by another program. Close all possible other programs, and then retry.

BTW, Tom thanks for chiming in as well - I don't think I've run across you before directly, but seen your name in a number of posts I've been scanning - we're always looking for fresh ideas here in OS2World and I'm always amazed at the vast brain trust of talented people who congregate here and help out, trying to keep this now very ancient operating system alive.

If your new, welcome. If you've been lurking for ages, hope you have learned as much I have over the years.

A fine weekend to you Sir and Best!

Mark

Alex Taylor

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2022, 03:57:40 am »
I saw this same error (same package) when I changed my platform from i686 to pentium4 and then immediately attempted to install libc and libcx. libc started to install but then this message came up.  I suspect the change in platform may have confused things.  I did see yum apparently seemed to suddenly think that the pentium4 version of libc was installed after changing the platform.

I rebooted, after which the currently-installed libc showed as i686 again, and I was able to update it (the latest pentium4 version installed) with no further issue.