OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Applications

ANPM trashed my system

(1/4) > >>

Keith Marjerison:
I recently tried YUM Tools Update in ANPM, it worked for a while downloading packages and installing, then there was an error message on 1 package and ANPM asked me to shut it down and reboot. So I did, upon reboot ANPM would start but I would get a rexx console error and no packages would display in the installed or available packages folders. Firefox will not start any more. I looked for a log file but am not sure what I am looking for.
Any way out of this?

Martin Iturbide:
Hi Keith.

Do you get any extra errors from ANPM? You can upload the error image here.

If you try a "yum update" on your command line, is there something else missing to update? Can you check that?

Regards

Keith Marjerison:
Used /DEB switch on ANPM.EXE and copied output to anpm.log which I have attached along with a picture of the error messages without the /DEB switch.
Nothing happens when running yum update from command line. ie no output.

Doug Bissett:

--- Quote from: Keith Marjerison on April 29, 2022, 07:08:44 pm ---I recently tried YUM Tools Update in ANPM, it worked for a while downloading packages and installing, then there was an error message on 1 package and ANPM asked me to shut it down and reboot. So I did, upon reboot ANPM would start but I would get a rexx console error and no packages would display in the installed or available packages folders. Firefox will not start any more. I looked for a log file but am not sure what I am looking for.
Any way out of this?

--- End quote ---

In ArcaOS, the logs are in : C:\var\log\yum.log (or, wherever your log files go for other versions of OS/2).

I have seen variations on this, while testing packages from experimental repositories. I don't remember what was needed to recover. A picture of the console error may help.

Keith Marjerison:
Since this happened I have tried, Restoring my C: drive did not help because my unixroot=E:. Renamed E:\usr to OLDuser and copied usr from ArcaOS 1.05 test install to E:. Now ANPM starts but there is nothing in installed and only a few in available.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version