Author Topic: User Meeting Cologne November, 5th 2022 confirmed  (Read 878 times)

Sigurd Fastenrath

• View Profile
User Meeting Cologne November, 5th 2022 confirmed
« on: May 04, 2022, 03:48:35 pm »
Hi,

Thomas Müller and I paid for the meeting today. This ensures that it will actually take place in Cologne. Everyone who wants to come is welcome! A message to Thomas or me in advance of a planned participation would be nice and important. However, this can also be done at very short notice, there is no fixed date for a commitment. Cancellations are also possible at any time, since the premises etc. are already booked. If a room is required in the Cologne Riehl Youth Hostel, we recommend that you do this as soon as possible. For further inquiries, we are at your disposal. Thanks very much!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2022, 03:50:24 pm by Sigurd Fastenrath »

Remy

• View Profile
Re: User Meeting Cologne November, 5th 2022 confirmed
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2022, 05:54:13 pm »
Hi,

Do you plan remote video access ?
As you know, to travel between UE countries, a pass is now required until mid 2023.

Regards
Rémy

Sigurd Fastenrath

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2022, 06:41:02 pm »
Hi Remy

we have not decided wether we will record the meeting on video or not. We will discuss a live stream as well, but Thomas and me are not experts in this case, we will have a look at this even though.

Please give us more information on the travel topic. I do not understand what you exactly mean, sorry for this, I have to apologize.
I guess you - if at all - would travel from France to Germany and I do not see any restrictions regarding this. Do you have a link for me where I can get further details? Thank you in Advance!!

Neil Waldhauer

• View Profile
    • Blonde Guy
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2022, 03:50:04 pm »
Warpstock is likely to meet the same weekend. I think it would be interesting to have a video link between the meetings for a get-together. Considering time zones, I think the first session for Warpstock and the last session for Cologne might work for this.

In person meetings are for people to have interactions, and I think this would make both meetings a little bit better.
Expert consulting for ArcaOS, OS/2 and eComStation
http://www.blondeguy.com

Roderick Klein

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2022, 05:34:28 pm »
Hi Remy

we have not decided wether we will record the meeting on video or not. We will discuss a live stream as well, but Thomas and me are not experts in this case, we will have a look at this even though.

Please give us more information on the travel topic. I do not understand what you exactly mean, sorry for this, I have to apologize.
I guess you - if at all - would travel from France to Germany and I do not see any restrictions regarding this. Do you have a link for me where I can get further details? Thank you in Advance!!

When I organized WSE in Cologne, it turned out the internet connection in the youth hostel a few years ago was REALLY bad. They said they would get a fibre optic internet connection. So a video stream would be very difficult. At the time they had they had a few stacked DSL lines. When a busload of students arrived the video stream was dead. I streamed the video stream in the end via my mobile phone. I can help with that if I am present.

Roderick